Intermittent issue Bcm/ecm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey George, your video this morning popped up in my youtube feed, I thought you were sliding there for a second!

I am looking at the wiring diagram for the cluster, the gauges to the ECM, there is a Dark Green wire and a Brown and White wire that you might want to check. But that doesn't explain the door locks so I came across the Red and White wire from Fuse 46 (J4 or X4) that goes to your cluster (Pin1). There may be a problem with the pins on the fuse, the circuit board itself or a wiring issue or nothing at all and I'm wrong. Tracing wiring problems is not something I'm good at.

For the Door Locks, they get a signal from that Dark Green wire too, that is the LAN network so maybe there's something wrong with that wire or the connection at either end.

na-gc-2075089_svg

Can y'all see this diagram? I see it during edit but not after saving and posting.

If you can't get it to post see if you can PM it to me as an attachment and I'll see if I can figure out why it doesn't show up.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s a update pretty much it finally gave out last night don’t seem to be random now

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4EE65BE0-B10B-498F-A44F-CB43E02082A3.jpeg

Has this box (near the drivers feet) known to intermittently act up? I have wiggle wires/tap the box and it went back to normal, I checked all wires and see no issues so I put dielectric grease on the connectors and re-connect but I’m eyeballing this box because it went back to normal when I wiggled/slapped this box (giggity)

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the technical term is "percussive maintenance" :p

fonz-punching-jukebox.jpg

Any electrical component where there are a ton of wires and connection points is a potential problem. Sounds like you may have a solid lead, finally.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 392160

Has this box (near the drivers feet) known to intermittently act up? I have wiggle wires/tap the box and it went back to normal, I checked all wires and see no issues so I put dielectric grease on the connectors and re-connect but I’m eyeballing this box because it went back to normal when I wiggled/slapped this box (giggity)
Never had a problem with them or read about folks having trouble with them but anything can happen George. That's called the Body Wiring Harness Junction Block, 20813086.

It comes apart, so maybe a circuit needs resoldering inside?

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem with them or read about folks having trouble with them but anything can happen George. That's called the Body Wiring Harness Junction Block, 20813086.

It comes apart, so maybe a circuit needs resoldering inside?
I wouldn’t know what to do solder wise I did order one that might not get to me till Tuesday, it acted up again today on the way to work was fortunate to make it and it went back to normal. I watched this video which also makes me suspect the junction box more so watch it from the middle to the end part. I did get 98 ohms at one point, but I didn’t get a chance to remove the junction box like he did to 100% single it out before it went back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons