Intermittent A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the a/c blowing warm intermittently for 10-15 sec before reverting back to cold? Been happening regularly in my 2021 HC. Out of warranty so no urgency to take it to the dealer but will probably end up there. It’s been hit as hell in Florida not sure if that’s related.

BigdawgR6

Reaction score
I've been noticing this in my 2022 Denali but wasn't sure if this was after a recent update. Only reason I've noticed it more often was the 100+ temps here in Houston. I would start the car and drive for about 1/4 - 1/2 mile and then it would do just like you said.

I'll have to double check but I don't think I have this issue if I remote start the vehicle and let it sit for about 5 mins.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same in my 2023 Denali. I had an issue in my 2021 Tahoe where it would intermittently blow hot air on really hot days. I would notice when I would go around a curve or stop. Apparently there was a TSB or something for that where there was an issue with fluid levels. It was fixed by dealer but I sold it before the next summer so not sure if truly fixed.

On the Denali I do notice it when the car is parked in sun and when I turn the vehicle.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The AC issue was fixed with fluid levels? Must have been low on cold air fluid. Otherwise, the word Freon comes to mind.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my invoice. GM bulletin N212340500. Notes say AC system was overcharged and that caused the issue. Again, I don’t know if the fix worked. This was done in October 2022 and I sold it in February 2023.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have issues with the a/c blowing warm intermittently for 10-15 sec before reverting back to cold? Been happening regularly in my 2021 HC. Out of warranty so no urgency to take it to the dealer but will probably end up there. It’s been hit as hell in Florida not sure if that’s related.
That is generally a sign that the system is low on refrigerant.

OP
OP
A

AngeloUCF

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Maybe the heat has made it low on refrigerant. Never had this issue with last several new cars I bought. And I was just telling the wife how much better the Tahoe’s A/C is than her new BMW lol.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. Maybe the heat has made it low on refrigerant. Never had this issue with last several new cars I bought. And I was just telling the wife how much better the Tahoe’s A/C is than her new BMW lol.
If you ceramic tint the windows, windshield included, you can cook it with a cup of ice.

martinajm

Reaction score
This wont help you, but I had a similar problem in my 1987 Balzer in the late 90's. The clutch on the compressor would stick and not kick on. The solution was to find some bumps on the road or the shift into neutral and rev the engine. The vibrations from either solved the problem 95% of the time. Those were good times!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019