Interior Dash Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently changed the dash out in my 1999 2 Door Tahoe. I went to the junkyard and removed a dash from a 1997 Chevy Silverado 2WD. When I swapped the dash out, I had to use my original wiring harness due to the 2WD not having the 4WD Plugins etc. Is anyone in need of this harness ? I dont know what its worth to anyone, but if anyone can use it, I would consider mailing it at your expense. I do know there are just a couple plugs that are different from the 1997 to the 1998 and 1999. Example the headlight plug under dash is different but interchangeable. Let me know if anyone can use it. Thanks

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Props for dash swap. I did a swap in one of my cars to go from tan interior to black. I will say after sourcing all the items (which took awhile) the dash was the most pain in the ass to do. When I traded it in, I swapped all back to tan other the black dash :eek:.

OP
OP
bunchz71

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is really not as bad as you think. There is an excellent “how-to” on youtube. I watched it Several times before I finally decided to Do it. It’s a lot of stuff to do but nothing terribly hard

Taxi Rob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just finished a complete dash swap on a 99 Burb. The pigtail for the 4x4 dash buttons is there. My 97 donor Burb came the same way. Look for a Burb donor and you should get what you need.
Also the dash swap was much easier than I thought it would be, only about 4-5 hours work if you stay focused. Took me 3 months because I'm a horrible procrastinator. Now both trucks are back together and everything works just fine. Headlamp harness plug under the hood changed in 1998 IIRC, so try and stick to the same year donor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan