Interior color Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide what color seats to put in my 06 Esky. The present interior is 922/pewter, which is medium gray. Exterior is 67U, Sport Red Metallic. I'd like to do the seats in a contrasting color. We have a black Lexus RX with black interior and saddle colored seats which is really striking. I've noticed also that Porsche and Audi are doing interior with two-tone and/or contrasting seat colors. I like the look and would like to do something similar. Right now the major contenders are do the seats in either:
1. Two-tone light/dark charcoal insert.
2. Two-tone light charcoal/dark red insert
3. Two-tone Dark charcoal/dark red insert
4. Single color dark red.
5. We can go back original seat color, but I'm not too excited about that.

We will keep all the trim except the seats in Pewter, as shown in the original interior photo. W will add the seat color to the insert on the door panels and perhaps the console lid. I'm also thinking of going with charcoal carpet.

For some reason, the colors are showing lighter here than they appear on the Leatherseats.com website. So as you look at these think a bit darker shades for all except the original seats.

So, which do you like best? Thanks

Attachments

• 06Escaladebefore1.jpg
    06Escaladebefore1.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Seatwith piping.jpg
    Seatwith piping.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Dar Red Seat.jpg
    Dar Red Seat.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 11
  • twocharcoal.jpg
    twocharcoal.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 11
  • FrPasInterior.jpg
    FrPasInterior.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my own preference, but that is what you were asking for...
I like the Caddy seats.
As far as color options, I like the two-tone grey/pewter.

I have seen some posts on how the 2000-2006 seats are probably THE most comfortable seats possibly ever offered by GM.
Having just gotten my 04 Tahoe Z71, I would have to say I can see their point on the comfort.

I like the newer color schemes, but... Going with replacement seats for color scheme change would probably be a lower priority that comfort for me. I would keep the Esky originals, if it were me.

There may even be interior shops that could change the color of the leather or re-skin them.

Like anything else... It is your truck. Do what you want to do with it. Whatever makes you happy is the right choice. What we say or think is not really all that important.

OP
OP
m1949

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Thanks for input. Whatever we do with color scheme, we plan to keep 06 Escalade seats. Thinking hard about single color dark read seats with perforated inserts and dark red console cover. Considering dark red dash top.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the charcoal with the red middle inserts. That’s a cool combo. Tho k it would look good with the red exterior of your truck. Might wanna add in the foam cushion under the leather as new as well. I did it to my drivers seat when I did a new leather cover and it made it so much more comfortable.