Intellilink Malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its at the dealer now they are taking one of out a tahoe on the lot. they gave me a 2016 tahoe to drive also.

Did you call someone or did the dealer coincidentally contact you..just curious.?

Where are you BTW?

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went a spoke to the GM of the dealership.

I am in Houston, TX

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great news...you are too close to the Arlington (Dallas) Plant for that part not to have been available. You did the right thing...talking to someone empowered to make a decision on this type of thing.

Remember..."Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease" !!

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My service guy said at least 10 times and told the manager in front of me they called GM and GM said that particular unit was on national backorder? I did see it not available on gmpartsdirect for some time, but now it is.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My service guy said at least 10 times and told the manager in front of me they called GM and GM said that particular unit was on national backorder? I did see it not available on gmpartsdirect for some time, but now it is.

OK...at the end of the day it's not your problem where or how they get it...you're the customer and your not getting what you paid for. The GM was smart to make a decision to pull what was needed from dealer stock and FIX YOU !! He can handle the Dealer/Corporate politics later...makes no difference to you. Obviously this GM knew that if you called Zone or Corporate and his District Office in TX got involved,,,well let's just say things would have gone south for him...quickly.

Good to hear it's working in your favor.

wreedps

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called corporate and the a**hole on the phone laughed at first and said him and me were different people and I should be more patient. I them informed him that the truck only had 100 miles on it and his tone changed and he called some lady at the dealer that told me she couldn't take the radio out of a truck on the lot because it might damage it and that I just need to wait. I just hung up.

After I got off work I drove straight to my dealer and talked to the GM. He bought me a BBQ sandwich when I bought the Tahoe a week ago earlier because the AC did not blow cold.
($5 rear ac line seal) Fixed in a hour when he heard what was wrong.

I explained very calmly what was wrong and he marched directly to service and told my service writer to take the screen of a vehicle on the lot.

I am wondering now since that was last Thursday if they finally got a screen from GM.......

Either way I dont care, I just want my screen fixed.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's great news...you are too close to the Arlington (Dallas) Plant for that part not to have been available. You did the right thing...talking to someone empowered to make a decision on this type of thing.

Remember..."Squeaky Wheel Gets The Grease" !!
Service parts don't come from the assembly plant. The service parts come from the regional service parts warehouse.