intake piping question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex29573

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put a k/n filter and opened up holes into the airbox, now i want to upgrade the piping.

is there anything else out there other than airraid? Where can i get it cheapest?

Correct me if im wrong but i think the plastic tubing is better than the ebay chrome aluminum ones because they stay cooler...

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
the metal actually disipates heat faster... its a double edge sword really. at idle the metal pipeing will heat up faster, but once moving not only will it cool faster, but when air is rushing through the pipes that fast, they arent picking up much of that ambient heat.

Airaid is a nice tube man, it really is! I had on on my truck for a long while and the only reason i took it off is because i went with an open element intake setup.

as for your question about any other options, i looked and found none, you can always go to the auto parts store and build your own with elbows and fittings and 37 snake clamps. you should be able to pick up that Airaid tube for $90-$100 and its probably worth the money.

if your still woried about heat trnasfer, and you dont mind it looking like BUTT under the hood, just wrape the tube in exhause insulating tape or whatever the hell that shit is called.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
a poor man's intake option that I did a LONG time ago on my 99 was to take the stock tube and cut off the box and excess tubes from it and wrap it in electrical tape to cover the holes...laugh all you want, but it worked and even added a throaty sound like the aftermarkets do.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
a poor man's intake option that I did a LONG time ago on my 99 was to take the stock tube and cut off the box and excess tubes from it and wrap it in electrical tape to cover the holes...laugh all you want, but it worked and even added a throaty sound like the aftermarkets do.

i was going to go this route with mine but use that metal exhaust repair stuff to plugg the holes instead of electrical tape.

IMHO... i think you should just sell your K&N filter for $20-$30 or whatever and buy an Ebay CAI setup for $60-$70 and call it good! They work great, i keep reading about mroe and more people going this route and having all good things to say about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts