Installing the Escalade 3rd brake light.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a project I am set on doing and about to order the parts. Has anyone done this? Or if anyone happens to know the instructions on how to remove the 3rd brake light, as well as if the Escalade light's harness fits without modification, I'd like to know.

Thanks

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
This is a project I am set on doing and about to order the parts. Has anyone done this? Or if anyone happens to know the instructions on how to remove the 3rd brake light, as well as if the Escalade light's harness fits without modification, I'd like to know.

Thanks

From what I hear it is a direct replacement and you will need the following GM part numbers, I personally will be going with the clear Putco third....

Clear third tail light 19172250 (THIS IS THE CLEAR LENS PART NUMBER, not RED)

Third tail light molding 15847949 and two bolts 11561972

OP
OP
zach2011

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't know they made that, and it will probably go with my Denali tails better, since they're clear as well. Hmm. That might be the specific part number I would need then.

Is it the same price? My dad gets a 32% discount with GM parts so hopefully it's the same price as the red, then it will be lower than retail! :Handshake:

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Thanks! I didn't know they made that, and it will probably go with my Denali tails better, since they're clear as well. Hmm. That might be the specific part number I would need then.

Is it the same price? My dad gets a 32% discount with GM parts so hopefully it's the same price as the red, then it will be lower than retail! :Handshake:

If I recall correctly you have to loosen the window bolts first, then the third tail light bolts...

and, PM sent... :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n