Installing complete Bell Tech kit on 2007 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetstar88

Reaction score
I ordered a new Bell-Tech (complete kit #735-SP) for my '07 Suburban LTZ and plan on installing it this weekend. My question is, since this kit can be configured for various amounts of lowering, I can't decide on going with a 4" / 4" drop, or a 3" / 4" drop. Right now I have the factory 20s on it, but plan on going with 22s or 24s very soon.

Any input would be appreciated.

yolo

MarkBarbee.com
Reaction score
I just put up a post installing it on my 07 Yukon. I hope you got spindles for up front because the struts will only allow a 2 inch drop or lift up front. I did 22's on 305/40/22. It rides great. I would go 3/5 on 22's if its your daily driver. If you dont drive it much go 24's. The 22's ride nicer with the family in the car.

OP
OP
jetstar88

jetstar88

Reaction score
I just put up a post installing it on my 07 Yukon. I hope you got spindles for up front because the struts will only allow a 2 inch drop or lift up front. I did 22's on 305/40/22. It rides great. I would go 3/5 on 22's if its your daily driver. If you dont drive it much go 24's. The 22's ride nicer with the family in the car.

Yolo,

Thanks for the quick reply...yes, the kit came with spindles, as well as everything else to do up to a 4" drop on front and rear. Mine is an LTZ 4x4, and according to BellTech, 4" is as much as I can go in the rear. It's my daily driver. It seems that Tahoes have more rake than a Suburban, so if I went with 4" drop front and rear, I'd still be almost level. If I went with the 3" /4" I'm afraid it would look lower in the ass end. If I do 22's, I'd go with a 285/45/22 more than likely.

Here's a comparison I PhotoShopped of various drops.That's my Suburban, but the wheels are photoshopped in as well.drop_comparison_wheels.jpg

Last edited:

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I ordered a new Bell-Tech (complete kit #735-SP) for my '07 Suburban LTZ and plan on installing it this weekend. My question is, since this kit can be configured for various amounts of lowering, I can't decide on going with a 4" / 4" drop, or a 3" / 4" drop. Right now I have the factory 20s on it, but plan on going with 22s or 24s very soon.

Any input would be appreciated.

I have the Bell Tech 739SP and have not yet installed the front portion of the kit due to lack of time and indecision of how low to go (and having to take it all apart again to adjust strut ring count :emotions122:).

Did your kit come with control arm bushings? The instructions in my kit say to use them if the struts are going to be used at their lowest setting... but are they not needed when at least one spacer is used?

About going lower then 4" in the rear... I went the full 4" in the rear and it is possible to go lower, but probably just not with BellTech products. McGaughy's offers a 5" rear kit that I'm considering, it differs from the BellTech 739SP with parts other than just a lower spring... it does not include bump stops and also has re-locators for the rear axle. At my current height the bumpstops make themselves known quite often... I'd like to find an alternative to the tall ones that came with the kit, or just remove them altogether like the McGaughy's kit.

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :cheers:

OP
OP
jetstar88

jetstar88

Reaction score
I have the Bell Tech 739SP and have not yet installed the front portion of the kit due to lack of time and indecision of how low to go (and having to take it all apart again to adjust strut ring count :emotions122:).

Did your kit come with control arm bushings? The instructions in my kit say to use them if the struts are going to be used at their lowest setting... but are they not needed when at least one spacer is used?

About going lower then 4" in the rear... I went the full 4" in the rear and it is possible to go lower, but probably just not with BellTech products. McGaughy's offers a 5" rear kit that I'm considering, it differs from the BellTech 739SP with parts other than just a lower spring... it does not include bump stops and also has re-locators for the rear axle. At my current height the bumpstops make themselves known quite often... I'd like to find an alternative to the tall ones that came with the kit, or just remove them altogether like the McGaughy's kit.

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :cheers:

I made a typo...mine is the 753-SP, and came with everything I need including the control arm bushings, as well as new camber plates. Regarding the rear, my kit came with shock extensions, shorter bumpstops, shorter springs, etc. My Burb has the factory Air-ride in the rear, so with my kit, it retains this setup and still gives me 4" drop in the rear. I hear ya on making the right decision the first time...I dont want to take it all part the next day, just to get an inch either way!

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
... My Burb has the factory Air-ride in the rear...

My Yukon does not have the factory Air-ride, but I do recall being asked this when ordering my kit... so 4" may actually be the limit with Air-ride equipped vehicles.

yolo

MarkBarbee.com
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the back will only drop 4 inches with Belltech non air ride set up.

VIPerMic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
jetstar88!
You have tahoe with OE system autoride. But what you chose 753sp or 739sp?
I would be very grateful for the description and impressions of the kit. If possible, and photos of how the machine down. As driving comfort, very hard? Suspension not punch?

OP
OP
jetstar88

jetstar88

Reaction score
jetstar88!
You have tahoe with OE system autoride. But what you chose 753sp or 739sp?
I would be very grateful for the description and impressions of the kit. If possible, and photos of how the machine down. As driving comfort, very hard? Suspension not punch?

Went with the 735-SP if I remember correctly, and rides just as it did before I lowered it. Took an afternoon to install the whole kit front and rear. Here's how it looks.
burb4.jpg
[/IMG]

LSJRL07

Reaction score
what are your exact specs?
Tire size?
Drop?
I am wanting to drop my 2007 yukon on 22's, and I can't find that many pics with drop and 22's