2017 Suburban 4x4 - I want to be able to go up or down 4 inches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salvatore Fazzina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.

I have a 2017 4 x 4 suburban. 5.3 L flex fuel 6L 80. I want to be able to install some sort of airbag or hydraulic system that will allow me to drop or raise the truck 4 inches in either direction anytime I want. It would be nice to be able to control each of the four suspension points independently but I'm not picky. If I can just raise or drop the truck all at once that's fine.

Problem is I've been told a couple of times that because my truck is 4 x 4 that this is virtually impossible because of all the angles of the actual shops, etc.

Just wondering if anybody on this forum has heard of anything like this ever being done or if anybody has any ideas that are not going to cost me 10k lol

Current plan is just to get a quality drop kit and go down three or 4 inches and leave it like that.

Ideally, I wanted to raise it, but then I can't park in underground garages anymore and I work in downtown Toronto. so I NEED to be able to park underground.

Any ideas welcome let the conversation begin. lol

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anything is possible. But it sounds extremely expensive…like well over 10g’s. And changing an ifs rig 8” one way or the other would completely throw off the alignment no matter how it was built.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts