Installed my new HU, Amp, and Subs!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grnrpr68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check the fuse in the truck for the radio also then unplug the head unit and plug it back in just to make sure its getting power

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which fuse is to the radio? I was looking yesterday and I wasn't sure which fuse it could be. I'm thinking it has to be the fuse or the interface because my amp isn't turning on either so i know its not the head unit.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Nevermind i found it, and infact it was blown.

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Everything hooked up and buttoned up! Took a few pictures:

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the blue box for the steering wheel controls? if so how many wires did you have to connect to it?

oh wait I just noticed that you dont have any steering wheel controls

OP
OP
gmcjohn

gmcjohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is actually for the Bose system and steering wheel controls. I don't have steering wheel controls as you noticed, but if I did the same adapter would have worked. It's the PAC-GM bose. It runs about $65-$75 depending where you get it. All in I soldered 36 wires together so that means 18 pairs. You can do all the soldering outside the vehicle if you're smart. If you forget about the Amp power wire like i did, then you have to do that in the car. I got the head unit for $365 with a 5 year warranty- it was a steal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n