Installed my 24" KMC Slides - Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First one is wrapped second one is plasti dip

ERS2015

Reaction score
Looks familiar, I like it!

I had a leveling kit on mine, the rear looked lower than the front so I thought McGaughys may have sent me 3" drop rear springs, I ordered their front coil re-locators and installed it at 2" last night. I think Ill bring it back up a 1/2" to better match the rear fender gap.

204EC01F-3CC4-4C00-A2B5-798283B9E590_zpswk0lqf6r.jpg

497A72AD-901B-4040-962D-5B58BCB52B25_zpsujv5hxgi.jpg

OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks familiar, I like it!

I had a leveling kit on mine, the rear looked lower than the front so I thought McGaughys may have sent me 3" drop rear springs, I ordered their front coil re-locators and installed it at 2" last night. I think Ill bring it back up a 1/2" to better match the rear fender gap.

204EC01F-3CC4-4C00-A2B5-798283B9E590_zpswk0lqf6r.jpg

497A72AD-901B-4040-962D-5B58BCB52B25_zpsujv5hxgi.jpg

Very nice! black out that window trim and badging and we'll be twins after I drop mine!

Quick question, I started this thread asking if it was the right kit for me: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/is-this-the-right-kit-for-me.77503/

Is this along the same lines as the kit you purchased? http://www.mcgaughystore.com/2015-2...ring-kit-w-o-front-auto-ride-mcgaughys-34065/

Thanks

ERS2015

Reaction score
Yeah it's mama's ride so she didn't want me to get to crazy with the drop or blacking everything out. I'd like to shave the badging, but I like the contrast of the polished window trim and grille. I redid the front end tonight from 2" to 1" drop. It was dark when I was done so no pics yet, but it looks more level with a slight rake.

From your other post - I'm not familiar with the magnetic/autoride as mine doesn't have it. I think it's only available in the LTZ or other trim levels possibly with the towing package with rear airbags. I know the rear has extra links (not the sway bar) that have to be bent to adjust the auto ride, so you could see if you have those or airbags. Like I said, I'm not sure. But if you don't have autoride then the McGaughys economy 2/3 drop would work for you. Also, as far as I know, there aren't spindles out yet for the 4wd trucks. The coil relocators are an easy install, no special tooling but you will need a strut compressor to remove the top mount. Good luck.

OP
OP
evoalex

evoalex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's mama's ride so she didn't want me to get to crazy with the drop or blacking everything out. I'd like to shave the badging, but I like the contrast of the polished window trim and grille. I redid the front end tonight from 2" to 1" drop. It was dark when I was done so no pics yet, but it looks more level with a slight rake.

From your other post - I'm not familiar with the magnetic/autoride as mine doesn't have it. I think it's only available in the LTZ or other trim levels possibly with the towing package with rear airbags. I know the rear has extra links (not the sway bar) that have to be bent to adjust the auto ride, so you could see if you have those or airbags. Like I said, I'm not sure. But if you don't have autoride then the McGaughys economy 2/3 drop would work for you. Also, as far as I know, there aren't spindles out yet for the 4wd trucks. The coil relocators are an easy install, no special tooling but you will need a strut compressor to remove the top mount. Good luck.

I definitely don't have autoride then. My LT is pretty bare bones except for the Sun, Entertainment And Destinations Package.

Thanks for the info, I may just go with that kit I posted earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB12