Installed DIC / Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that Len, when I got my hoe the first thing I did was to order a console, Like you said no place for the coffee and no armrest. I ordered an aftermarket console and then the wife didn't like it so I got a fairly good deal on a used factory console.

Don't mean to hijack but did you buy a Havis console? I'm in the market for one.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heck, some clown on eBay wanted 900.00 for a used console or best offer, He must of thought that he had the last one ever. I put in an offer for 200.00 hundred just to mess with the idiot.

*lol* yeah I have seen that one too... The one I found was not specific for the Tahoe (but Silverado, etc works too. If you search on Ebay for more "related" ones you see a bunch more of them. And some of them don't mind to bargain, even with a set price. The guy I bought mine from (and looks better than most I saw) wanted $450 originally, I asked him the lowest he'd sell it for. (got it for $340 incl shipping) ... Hey.. I used to be Dutch.

OP
OP
spectralen

spectralen

Reaction score
What I am looking for is the jump seat with the 3 cup holders in the front. Lot of Silverados have them. They have 2 compartments.

OP
OP
spectralen

spectralen

Reaction score
Like this kind. I believe the bottom seat cushion lifts up and has a lock also.

jump seat 1.jpg jump seat 2.jpg

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long is the harness going to the DIC? Anyone tried to find a different location. I would stuff it at the bottom of the dash somewhere if I could.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
To answer the console question, yes, that is the center (20) of a 40/20/40 bench seat. RPO is AZ3 Front Premium Cloth 40/20/40 split-bench seats.

It does in fact have a locking compartment under the seat..

This is the only seat that I will get if I order or buy a new truck..

Also to the OP, I have a Range AFM delete available if you are interested.,., $100.00 including shipping in lower 48 via FedEx.

If interested email me: [email protected]

Thanks,

TC

OP
OP
spectralen

spectralen

Reaction score
Also to the OP, I have a Range AFM delete available if you are interested.,., $100.00 including shipping in lower 48 via FedEx.
Just wondering, have you used the Range Delete yourself and if so how did you like it?

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like this kind. I believe the bottom seat cushion lifts up and has a lock also.

View attachment 188119 View attachment 188120

It will probably be better to start a new thread, but I'll take a shot here first.

Does anyone know how to get a replacement lock for these jump-consoles?
I know I saw somewhere else how to reset these to fit your key, but mine doesn't look even close to taking the ignition key.
VL7IlhX.jpg

The console was just a placeholder, thrown in on the deal. I was going to get the "regular" one but got to liking this one. The other one was one big, deep storage spot that was a pain to dig through. This is kind of nice having the two sections, and the lesser used stuff in the bottom.

But there are some items that need to locked to be legal for storage... :)

Perro

Reaction score
Never hurts to ask. I am just too cheap to go to the dealer for anything. Craigslist, forums or ebay is pretty much my only source for parts. Oh yea, junkyards also.
Right now, I'm using a plastic milkcrate with some pieces of wood screwed to it to get the right heighth and some padding with carpet and a dual cupholder attached to the front, all because I can't see paying 2 or 3 hundred for a center console. I'll find one, just takes a little time. Took me about 20 minutes to make and I now have a spot for my morning coffee.

I'm the same way, I have to go look at craiglist first, ebay is getting crazy. For new parts I start with Amazon and dealer is my last attempt lol. Today I went to the local junkyard and score me a complete spare tire tool kit for $20 bucks and a rear OEM tow hitch for $50 bucks out of a 09 tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz