Installed a new AirRaid MIT on my 2010 Yukon - old intake wtf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you notice any difference with just the straight pipe?

I can't honestly say that the straight pipe, itself, produced a noticeable difference in perceived power or acceleration. The sound coming from under the hood during acceleration is certainly more pronounced.

I viewed this mod as an incremental step building up to the Black Bear Performance tune.

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the consensus on this, other than better sound does it do anything for performance and is this used one worth the $95 dollars ???
Will it help the BlackBear make easier power, along with a Jones muffler ?
Screenshot_20200311-093744_Samsung Internet.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Peacock wrote: "So what's the consensus on this, other than better sound does it do anything for performance and is this used one worth the $95 dollars ???
Will it help the BlackBear make easier power, along with a Jones muffler ?"

I'm not an expert in this area, so I cannot reply to you as an 'expert'.

What I can tell you is that leading up to my Black Bear Performance tune purchase, I asked Black Bear Performance if any cold air intake mods would increase the performance improvement associated with a Black Bear Performance tune, and they advised me that the MIT (only, and not the entire conical air cleaner and housing assembly) would be a good addition, as my Denali already had a sufficient cold air intake as OEM equipment. As such, I installed the MIT prior to obtaining my Black Bear Performance tune.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any gains, but does sound a bit deeper under hard acceleration. Took advantage of the discount a while back.

15940609d6d19faff82214c6fa762601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to opt for a full kit, this is available on my local Buffalo,NY craigslist

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/pts/d/niagara-falls-silverado-airaid-air-duct/7090282459.html
The best bang for your buck would be a DiabloSport Predator. Honestly the stock intake and exhaust are already very good - and for the money it will cost for all of these upgrades you will see very little performance changes over stock. The Predator performance increase will be immediately noticeable. There is no special prep involved, and you don't have to rely on someone else to tune your truck. Your truck is ready right now, it's all plug and play simple stuff. If your going to start spending money on performance mods - why not start with the best one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645