Installed a new AirRaid MIT on my 2010 Yukon - old intake wtf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2010gmcyukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up an AirRaid MIT the other day thanks to someone pointing out the $50 off coupon. I installed it in about 15 mins no problem, and I do like the improved sound when I get on the pedal. My question is about the factory intake tube. That thing has like extra 4 chambers on it. Does anyone know why it was designed that way? It seems to be very inefficient for air flow. Maybe emission or sound related?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I picked up an AirRaid MIT the other day thanks to someone pointing out the $50 off coupon. I installed it in about 15 mins no problem, and I do like the improved sound when I get on the pedal. My question is about the factory intake tube. That thing has like extra 4 chambers on it. Does anyone know why it was designed that way? It seems to be very inefficient for air flow. Maybe emission or sound related?

They are Helmholtz chambers to quiet it down.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sound.

trevG

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a question where could I find the $50 coupon?

Reaction score

Save yourself about $100 and just get a higher flowing filter, like the AEM Dry Flow or AirRaid Dry Filter.

The MIT just unclutters the engine bay a bit and adds some noise.

I personally didn't like the added noise. My Denali's engine really can't be heard on the inside due to sound deadening option. I can hear the rumble of the exhaust though when I give it gas.