Ink on leather

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Well that was cheaper then a divorce:killer:...... budum tissss
20170725_181123.jpg
20170725_181134.jpg

Ok im kidding. I've dealt with some pen ink but never sublimation ink, this is weird stuff to deal with. Doesn't fully dry on hard surfaces but doesn't wipe completely off either.
Any tips? Got some on the carpet too :mad3:

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Clean 03 Tahoe , low miles, small dent in hatch, ******, power seats, sun roof, tow package.

OP
OP
05Single

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
It happened in the parking lot of home Depot . I went back inside to clean my arms and the look on the face of the cashier lady was priceless. I didn't say what happened, I was just calm and only said "it was just an accident, i didnt mean for it to happen" and that I needed to clean up in the bathroom.
In those siruations you gotta mess with people lmao
20170724_113947.jpg
After i washed up I told her it was just printer ink lol

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
If you haven't already gotten that cleaned up.

I would try not to wipe it off, (as it might dig it deeper intot he leather or carpet) but instead try to blot it get the wet stuff and the majority of it off first.

Since it's on leather I would try something like: Mckees 37 carpet and upholstery cleaner (its very mild) to see if it can get it up. If not progress to something stronger. or you could just go tougher from the start and use an APC like Optimum Power Clean APC.

or Meguiars APC - Meguiars D101. I am not sure if you can buy that over the counter.

With the APC's read the directions and follow them, as the wrong dilution can discolor the leather and or the carpet.

Good luck!

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
I'm betting it will probably mostly come out. Just dont grind it further into the leather and carpet when trying to get the majority of it up.

The carpet should be able to be cleaned with product and an extractor. You could even use a bissell carpet cleaner / steamer. I think that would get that out.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember my Mom using hairspray to remove an ink stain off a leather couch. It's worth a shot, but I'd try it in an inconspicuous spot first. I'm not sure how much different printer ink is to regular pen ink. Good luck.

It almost looks like a crime scene in there.

jem556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try WD-40...I had success on the same color leather seats with blue ink.

TxChevyz71

Reaction score
There are so many different ways to attack a stain like that. Different strokes for different folks. And it really depends on the carpet and stain.

I've used meguiars APC and or a degreaser on a stain. Spray to saturate it, then agitate with a brush. Spray some more APC. Then use a air hose nozzle and spray the carpet at an angle into a microfiber or a terry cloth towel (use the towel to catch it). Then lightly spray some water ( I just lightly mist it) then use my vac to get all of the apc cleaner up) It works wonders and everyone says it's an old school way of cleaning carpets and interiors.

Now people use a Tornador, they are costly at around $180, but the method I described above is free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645