Update on cleaning white interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My main concern on getting my 23 Denali with the light shale was jean dye rubbing off on the seat. Well a month has gone by and some blue dye is creeping onto the seat. I am happy to say that the Lexol leather clean/conditioning kit worked perfectly. So well, I didnt even put the conditioner on this time.

1) put some of step 1 Lexol on provided pad and rub onto the seat (affected areas)
2) use a damp cloth to rub off any excess Lexol (there really wasnt any but I did use the damp cloth anyway)
3) buff with clean dry towel.
4) done (all in about 3-4 minutes for one seat)

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the less you use conditioner the faster your leather surfaces will dry out and crack. It’s skin so it needs moisture retained. When you clean with any kind of cleaner you’re stripping the natural oils off the surface that help it retain moisture. Conditioner should always be applied after a cleaning.

OP
OP
tjs3922

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the less you use conditioner the faster your leather surfaces will dry out and crack. It’s skin so it needs moisture retained. When you clean with any kind of cleaner you’re stripping the natural oils off the surface that help it retain moisture. Conditioner should always be applied after a cleaning.
Thanks for the info! I will do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts