In-Transit Delivery Times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torry Taylor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
On 2/24 I was lucky enough to find an in-transit Yukon AT4 that didn’t have a deposit on it so I quickly paid the deposit. At that point the dealer said that it had a 3/9 delivery date. That date has come and gone obviously. On 2/19 it moved from Arlington, TX to Springfield, IL. And sometime between 3/8 and today it moved to Wentzville, MO. I know that there’s a GM plant there but I believe it’s for pickups and mid-size SUVs. Anyone know why my Yukon would go there all of a sudden?

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why my Yukon would go there all of a sudden?
Who are you getting this info from? If not from your dealer then call your dealership and have them track it in VINVIEW to get a more accurate location. VINVIEW uses the vehicles Onstar system to locate it.

OP
OP
T

Torry Taylor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Who are you getting this info from? If not from your dealer then call your dealership and have them track it in VINVIEW to get a more accurate location. VINVIEW uses the vehicles Onstar system to locate it.
That was from my dealer.

Crash51730

Reaction score
I know there is a holding facility in Wentzville. Pretty sure they unload ALL makes of vehicles then transfer to car carriers and distribute from there. I have no idea what their delivery radius is. How close are you to Wentzville MO?

OP
OP
T

Torry Taylor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know there is a holding facility in Wentzville. Pretty sure they unload ALL makes of vehicles then transfer to car carriers and distribute from there. I have no idea what their delivery radius is. How close are you to Wentzville MO?
About 3 1/2 hours.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the last 9 months, I haven't been so lucky with in-transit Yukon AT4's. They always seem to be spoken for before they make it to the dealer. That eventually lead me to placing an order of my own on 2/22. I know it hasn't been a month yet, but my dealer informed me it would be at least 8 months before I see it. That's pretty much at the end of the model year. So, I was lucky enough to find a few AT4's scattered around the country, so I'll just bite the bullet and pay the "market adjustment". You'd think they'd lower that price, considering gas prices, but no.

OP
OP
T

Torry Taylor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the last 9 months, I haven't been so lucky with in-transit Yukon AT4's. They always seem to be spoken for before they make it to the dealer. That eventually lead me to placing an order of my own on 2/22. I know it hasn't been a month yet, but my dealer informed me it would be at least 8 months before I see it. That's pretty much at the end of the model year. So, I was lucky enough to find a few AT4's scattered around the country, so I'll just bite the bullet and pay the "market adjustment". You'd think they'd lower that price, considering gas prices, but no.
I lucked out. My Yukon AT4 was not spoken for and they were selling it at MSRP.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I lucked out. My Yukon AT4 was not spoken for and they were selling it at MSRP.
The place where I ordered mine at was only charging MSRP... I know most of Texas is also selling vehicles at MSRP. I came close to getting one from there twice, but the customers made the purchase.

The AT4 I'm getting this week is on the lot, and they're selling it $3k above sticker. It's nothing to brag about but I can live with that. Compare that to the $15k (above MSRP) in my own state, and that $3k is a bargain. The only logistics I need to iron out is the paperwork and the payment.

YunksPunks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm jumping on this thread a little late. Similar to Torry, I lucked out on a 2022 Tahoe Z71 that hadn't yet been purchased. I now find myself in the same situation as the vehcile having been shown "in transit" for the past month. It's currently at the distribution center in Fort Wayne, IN (which is only one hour from the dealer). I have contacted Chevrolet's customer service every day for a week and they claim they cannot give an ETA. The dealer is being told they can no longer go pick the vehicles up from the distribution center either. Has anyone's situation on this thread changed in the past few weeks (or are there any other suggestions to get to the bottom of when this will be delivered)? Thanks in advance!

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Just an F
I'm jumping on this thread a little late. Similar to Torry, I lucked out on a 2022 Tahoe Z71 that hadn't yet been purchased. I now find myself in the same situation as the vehcile having been shown "in transit" for the past month. It's currently at the distribution center in Fort Wayne, IN (which is only one hour from the dealer). I have contacted Chevrolet's customer service every day for a week and they claim they cannot give an ETA. The dealer is being told they can no longer go pick the vehicles up from the distribution center either. Has anyone's situation on this thread changed in the past few weeks (or are there any other suggestions to get to the bottom of when this will be delivered)? Thanks in advance!

Just an FYI once the car is produced there is no reason to contact chevy chat / customer service line

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21

Latest posts