In the market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denalis and Escalades should have very similar ride characteristics.

The integrated brake controller, while nice, is not that big of a deal. Sure it's nice to have one built in, but a Tekonsha P3 will work just fine, and wiring it in is a breeze. I'm comfortable with a Tekonsha controlling my 8600-lb trailer.

More importantly would be the coolers. For towing, you want to have the auxiliary coolers - transmission and engine oil. Look up those RPO codes so you know what to look for when you see them, or ask the seller to send you a picture of the RPO code sticker in the glove box.

My Sierra Denali has the following codes:

K5L EQUIPMENT ENHANCED COOLING PACKAGE ENHANCED COOLING PKG(K5L)
KC4 COOLING SYSTEM,ENGINE OIL ENG OIL CLG(KC4)
KNP COOLING SYSTEM,TRANSMISSION,HEAVY DUTY HVY DUTY TRANS CLG SYS(KNP)

These are the codes you want to see.

Or, just look through the grille:
PsWM2nK.png
this is wrong, your KC4 circled is the power steering cooler, the engine oil cooler option is built into the radiator on the left hand side

edit I see I was late to the party, lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
in the process of buying a NNBS. Either a Denali or the Tahoe. I prefer the styling of the Tahoe, but it’s not a deal breaker.

Thing is, I’m going to be using it to pull a camping trailer, and the 5.3 CAN pull it with no problem, but the question is, should I get the 6.2 with the Denali for the increased torque? Gas mileage is not a concern between the two.

So just wanted some opinions between the two, from those of you that know them the best.
Update:

Delivered. 2013 Escalade PremiumD8AA9D2B-BD9D-4482-A4C5-C1538A1D8BC8.jpeg

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats. How's it run? How do you like it?
It’s almost TOO fancy for me, but I love it.

The 6.2 has some serious “put your ass in the seat” power. I tromped it one time and I swear if it had been any harder the front wheels would’ve come off the ground.

So far so good, gonna give her a good once over this weekend, and a little TLC inside to freshen it up.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
It’s almost TOO fancy for me, but I love it.

The 6.2 has some serious “put your ass in the seat” power. I tromped it one time and I swear if it had been any harder the front wheels would’ve come off the ground.

So far so good, gonna give her a good once over this weekend, and a little TLC inside to freshen it up.
Has the 6.2? Nice score! You know....she's just begging for some go fast goodies;).

Last edited:
OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Has the 6.2? Nice score! You know....she's just begging for some go fast goodies;).

Yeah, hi-flow filter and AirAid MIT are already on their way to the house. Gonna do a full flush and fill, and full rundown/clean of engine, plugs and wires.

After that, it’s saving up for AFM delete, new cam, and tune.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah, hi-flow filter and AirAid MIT are already on their way to the house. Gonna do a full flush and fill, and full rundown/clean of engine, plugs and wires.

After that, it’s saving up for AFM delete, new cam, and tune.
Nice, nice. Heading on the right path ;).

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent choice getting the Escalade Premium!! You even got the perfect color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE