In the market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Denalis and Escalades should have very similar ride characteristics.

The integrated brake controller, while nice, is not that big of a deal. Sure it's nice to have one built in, but a Tekonsha P3 will work just fine, and wiring it in is a breeze. I'm comfortable with a Tekonsha controlling my 8600-lb trailer.

More importantly would be the coolers. For towing, you want to have the auxiliary coolers - transmission and engine oil. Look up those RPO codes so you know what to look for when you see them, or ask the seller to send you a picture of the RPO code sticker in the glove box.

My Sierra Denali has the following codes:

K5L EQUIPMENT ENHANCED COOLING PACKAGE ENHANCED COOLING PKG(K5L)
KC4 COOLING SYSTEM,ENGINE OIL ENG OIL CLG(KC4)
KNP COOLING SYSTEM,TRANSMISSION,HEAVY DUTY HVY DUTY TRANS CLG SYS(KNP)

These are the codes you want to see.

Or, just look through the grille:
PsWM2nK.png

Just FYI...

That picture is good but it incorrectly labels the power steering fluid cooler as the engine oil cooler.

The engine oil cooler is actually inside the radiator on the drivers side. Just like the standard transmission cooler is internal to the radiator on the passenger side.

If you look under the hood you will see a line going to the top and one to the bottom of the radiator end tank on the drivers side if it has the engine oil cooler.

If it doesn't have any lines on the drivers side tank and only has lines on the passenger side tank then the truck is not equipped with the oil cooler from the factory.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just FYI...

That picture is good but it incorrectly labels the power steering fluid cooler as the engine oil cooler.

The engine oil cooler is actually inside the radiator on the drivers side. Just like the standard transmission cooler is internal to the radiator on the passenger side.

If you look under the hood you will see a line going to the top and one to the bottom of the radiator end tank on the drivers side if it has the engine oil cooler.

If it doesn't have any lines on the drivers side tank and only has lines on the passenger side tank then the truck is not equipped with the oil cooler from the factory.
Yup

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
After much deliberation, and the guy selling the Yukon being a little too proud of the truck (and a little disingenuous about rust) we settled on the Escalade.
View attachment 210591 The Dadillac will be here soon...

Ps @HiHoeSilver I guess you’re gonna have to upgrade soon! ;)

Yeah, buddy! Stats/build sheet? NNBS Esky is definitely on my do want list.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
After much deliberation, and the guy selling the Yukon being a little too proud of the truck (and a little disingenuous about rust) we settled on the Escalade.
View attachment 210591 The Dadillac will be here soon...

Ps @HiHoeSilver I guess you’re gonna have to upgrade soon! ;)

Yeah, buddy! Stats/build sheet? NNBS Esky is definitely on my do want list.

CreepinDeth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I towed a 78 z28 from Chicago down to St Louis with a 190hp 4.3L 4x4 Jimmy many years ago on a dolly.
So to say a heavier Tahoe with a 5.3L can't handle camping trailer, ya know.....should be easy

My Jayco 12 foot popup is pretty light in the 2,000 lbs realm. Any V8 can pull it easily.

OP
OP
jarydM

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I towed a 78 z28 from Chicago down to St Louis with a 190hp 4.3L 4x4 Jimmy many years ago on a dolly.
So to say a heavier Tahoe with a 5.3L can't handle camping trailer, ya know.....should be easy

My Jayco 12 foot popup is pretty light in the 2,000 lbs realm. Any V8 can pull it easily.
No doubt it can.

But the 6.2 can handle more, so I’m not NEAR the max weight under load. Plus I’ll be pulling up mountains, etc. It’s not so much about needing more to do, but wanting more to do it easier!