In The Market For 2015-2019 Tahoe LTZ or LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How’s it going guys. New to the group. Currently reside in NJ. As stated I’m in the market searching for a Tahoe 2015-2019 LTZ/ LT. If I go for an LT instead of an LTZ, what will I be missing out on? Also, what are the main issues/ concerns I should be looking out for? Looking forward to learning the ins and outs. Thanks guys.

George100

Reaction score
Hi,

If you cast your search around, you will see there is a weath of information about the information you want in the forum. Some information will be about the Suburban/XL and their shorter brothers the Tahoe and Yukon. Most info will apply to both series. As a note on the Tahoe, 2015 and 2016 they used the Trim Level LTZ, from 2017 the Top trim was Premier. LS and LT are used all across the model years. Good Luck and Hunting

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just in your boots. If you are open to a Yukon XL you will pretty much double your options. As far as "missing out", LTZ/Premiers have some more bells & whistles in the packages like power 2/3rd rows. Cooled seats, heated steering wheel, low/high range 4WD.

I ended up paying $2K to have one trucked XC for me. There are more in your area, the mid Atlantic and the South. My thread: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/starting-to-look-down-to-2018-2019-and-2020s.125388/

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe doesn’t have CarPlay if that is important to you.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just in your boots. If you are open to a Yukon XL you will pretty much double your options. As far as "missing out", LTZ/Premiers have some more bells & whistles in the packages like power 2/3rd rows. Cooled seats, heated steering wheel, low/high range 4WD.

I ended up paying $2K to have one trucked XC for me. There are more in your area, the mid Atlantic and the South. My thread: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/starting-to-look-down-to-2018-2019-and-2020s.125388/

What does the Yukon XL get you over a Tahoe LTZ?

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also check all user car options...
  • Autotrader
  • Cars.com
  • CarFax
  • Cargurus
  • Edmunds
  • FB Market
I would suggest setting a burner e-mail otherwise you will continue to get a lot of junk.

Reaction score
How’s it going guys. New to the group. Currently reside in NJ. As stated I’m in the market searching for a Tahoe 2015-2019 LTZ/ LT. If I go for an LT instead of an LTZ, what will I be missing out on? Also, what are the main issues/ concerns I should be looking out for? Looking forward to learning the ins and outs. Thanks guys.

I recently got an '18 LT. I specifically excluded Premiers because 1) I heard the magnaride wasn't reliable, and 2) I test drove both and couldn't detect the diff in ride quality, so I figured I'd save $ and potential headaches.

Although I'm not sure if they're exclusive to Premiers, other diffs are: cooled seats, HUD, and powered retractable running boards.

Last edited:

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's case-specific. It was possible to option an LT to be almost equivalent to an LTZ, at least functionally. There was an LTZ-specific grill as I recall, and I think some of the interior trim pieces were different in LTZ models - the storage spot in the center stack where the USB plugs are is open in LT models and has a cover in LTZs if I correctly recall. The 22" wheels might have been standard on the LTZ and optional on the LT.

The 6.2l engine was unavailable in either; it was only available in the RST model starting in 2018.

Opinions differ, mine was that when priced new the premium for the LTZ didn't make sense over a thoughtfully equipped LT. No doubt the gap has narrowed in resale.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. There are several threads just like yours if you want to take a look. They are in the General Discussion section. Good luck with your search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts