In The Market For 2015-2019 Tahoe LTZ or LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joeltz

Reaction score
How’s it going guys. New to the group. Currently reside in NJ. As stated I’m in the market searching for a Tahoe 2015-2019 LTZ/ LT. If I go for an LT instead of an LTZ, what will I be missing out on? Also, what are the main issues/ concerns I should be looking out for? Looking forward to learning the ins and outs. Thanks guys.
Got a 2015 around last Christmas 95,000 miles 30,400$

cadillac dealer owned vehicle

lifter went bad the first 500 miles.. had performance shop change cam and lifters to get rid of DOD V8 V4 and all good

23.8 mpg @ 67..... The electric side steps are a great option to have

Reaction score
Got a 2015 around last Christmas 95,000 miles 30,400$

cadillac dealer owned vehicle

lifter went bad the first 500 miles.. had performance shop change cam and lifters to get rid of DOD V8 V4 and all good

23.8 mpg @ 67..... The electric side steps are a great option to have

Just curious, how do you know when a lifter goes bad? What does it "feel" like? What symptoms does the vehicle exhibit?

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a LT with luxury package and you will only miss:
Chrome grill
Cooled seats
Center console compartment being covered
HUD
MRC

my 16 and 17 have luxury package and it saved a few coins along the way.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some say the buffeting on earlier models is more common on long wb with sunroof. Push button start is also part of luxury package on LT, but could make stealing truck easier by swapping ecu and not needing keys. I believe the 15-17 non LTZ have the dim led drls. After a fully loaded Avalanche, I opted for an LT to avoid the expensive suspension components and get cushy 18" tires. Get the tow package if you need to tow over 6k. NAV is no longer needed with AA or carplay, and sucks compared to either. The less automation, the less to fail, so consider that when getting options you do not need. I have been really happy with my 18 non lux LT burb, and added a few essentials like fogs, heated wheel, rear center jump seat, hellwig sway bars, corsa, ect...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2015 LTZ last September. I decided that the cost of the LTZ over a LT(of the same year) was worth it to me. Talking 2-3k if I remember correctly. Hell, if you get a good deal the LTZ would be less priced that an overpriced LT.

Usually when I buy a car, I always look for used of the highest trim model. After a few years the price differential really starts to errode.

BTW I got the 2015 LTZ with 104k miles for 28k. At that time there were places selling an LT for more than that with the same miles! It's been perfect so far, only thing I did was fix some trim pieces inside(cosmetic), undercoated the underside, and had the rear bumper repainted(had some clear peeling). Now the truck is pretty much mint. I also polished it all out, shampooed the interior, and got weathertec mats in there, added a catch can, cleaned intake valves......

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrome grill
Cooled seats
HUD
MRC

Did the LTZ have the electronic gauges display that I've seen on Yukons?

George100

Reaction score
Only the Yukon with the Denali trim level came with the electronic dash, I dont believe you could get it in the 15-16 models of the Yukon SLE and SLT . In 2017 and i could be mistaken, the Chevy Tahoe and the Suburban both came with it on the Premier trim but you had to order it as it did not come standard. Some models did come with it as there was a shortage of standard dash gauge pods and they subbed this in (now that is a switch from today lol). You also needed the Digital display to get the HUD.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only the Yukon with the Denali trim level came with the electronic dash, I dont believe you could get it in the 15-16 models of the Yukon SLE and SLT . In 2017 and i could be mistaken, the Chevy Tahoe and the Suburban both came with it on the Premier trim but you had to order it as it did not come standard. Some models did come with it as there was a shortage of standard dash gauge pods and they subbed this in (now that is a switch from today lol). You also needed the Digital display to get the HUD.
My 17 luxury package allowed me to customize my center section and also add trans temp gauge when needed.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chrome grill
Cooled seats
HUD
MRC

my 2015 LTZ doesn’t have a HUD? Was that introduced in later mode years?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9