I'm "that guy"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's cool. I never knew that existed. I did a harbor freight aluminum hitch base. With a very large husky tool box with handle bars and wheels with the same idea in mind. Used it last year it was great. Took it out the holder and wheeled it into the hotel. All our stuff was in it one shot.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It hides the plate:)

This isn't a good thing. I got pulled over on my way back home from my snowboarding trip in colorado in my escalade because I had something similar and a cop pulled me over forhaving my license plate covered.

OP
OP
Pockets

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't a good thing. I got pulled over on my way back home from my snowboarding trip in colorado in my escalade because I had something similar and a cop pulled me over forhaving my license plate covered.
They did include a plate bracket with a light to put on it. I just haven't done it yet. I might just take my chances on the drive down. Once I'm there I wss going to remove the box and put it in the house. That's just alot of plate swappin...

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

How about color matching it to the truck?
They offer a white one too. I just thought it looked better black.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea if you don't mind getting pulled over do it. But I'm definitely moving the plate to the trailer hitch extension everytime I use it now...

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow that's expensive. My knock off although no where near as nice did the trick and was about $170. Here is what I used.

u9usu5eg.jpgmu5ytu8u.jpg

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is neat, but how much crap do you need for kids? I've got 4 kids and my Excursion has beaucou room like your XL should

Make sure the seals are good and it's securely latched. Nothing worse than the stuff inside getting wet and finding it when you get there. Did a trip with similar setup from Seattle to Austin once in winter. Get to Texas and found almost 8" of water in bottom of box. Seal had twisted

OP
OP
Pockets

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife doesn't understand packing lite. We take the whole house for a week vaca. It seals pretty good, tried it with the hose to rinse off all the packing dust. It has a rubber seal and also a drip rail type that has weep holes in the front.

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a really nice piece. Def looks quality!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattserritella