2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why America would let something so unsafe into the country.

yeah, I educated myself on a few YouTube videos of steel rims failing and that shit is definitely scary

at this point I might just see which company has the best return policy, and keep buying and returning them until I can find a 4 set that works

I really want a style like this:

blackrock_942_16x8.png

I vote black out the chrome strip on the door molding. Truck looks tuff. Would like to see some lighter than steel oem 17s on it tho.

the door molds will be removed shortly :)

still have the HD hood, z71 rack, remove moldings / debadge, CAI, etc

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HD hood ended up looking like crap for some reason

not sure if it was too humid when I did it, or if I just don't have experience dipping such a large surface

so took that off and threw it up for sale, then put my Z71 roof rack on

looks like I'll be buying another Tahoe tomorrow so we'll see what happens :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tahoe #2 arrived today, so ths build log might be a bit slower and less audio related for the daily

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It amazes me how much GM improved their Running Board concept in the '04+ vehicles

I've removed them on 5 of my vehicles so far. 2002 Tahoe LT, 2004 Suburban LS, 2006 Yukon Denali, 2005 Tahoe LS, and now this 2003 Tahoe LS.

2004 - 2006 is a breeze. one 13MM ratchet and one impact gun, 10 minutes per side and done.

pre 2004 sucks majorly. 10MM ratchet, 10MM open end, 10MM impact gun, T40 impact, air tools, cutting tools...etc, and 2 hours per side with 3 people working on it

gonna try and make my 2nd tahoe look as identical to the 1st one, although they are slightly different shades of silver

2005 is Metallic Birch, 2003 looks to be Light Pewter Metallic

in other news, I should be picking up the new door panels for the good Tahoe this weekend:

4 8s and 2 super tweets per door, and thinking I'm gonna do a single 10" sub in the center console this time around

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I removed my steps on my 03 and it took a couple hours with me and my cousin with just hand tools. PITA:banghead:

yeah back in 2017 when I removed my first set on my '02 Tahoe, my dad hadn't even taught me about power tools lol, probably took me 5 hours on my own when they were out of town

just another reason the '04+ are better!

my Denali and this new Tahoe also both have efans which are supposed to be a nice upgrade

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
yeah back in 2017 when I removed my first set on my '02 Tahoe, my dad hadn't even taught me about power tools lol, probably took me 5 hours on my own when they were out of town

just another reason the '04+ are better!

my Denali and this new Tahoe also both have efans which are supposed to be a nice upgrade
All I ever had were hand tools. Except power drills lol

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
since I'm not sure I will be able to find any safe steel rims, I'm considering the ole Moto Metal M70 route....

old Denali, current Tahoe, crappy paint edit

ehhh after doing that I'm not really into it :p

I'm up for any suggestions for rim combos on 275/70/r16s! preferably 0mm to -20mm offset that'll work with stock suspension

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy