2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Welcome back! Can’t wait for progress . Lower sill is a super easy fix. Tape it off, sand it down to bare metal, spray rust reformer on the left over rust areas, spray primer sealer then base and clear. Doest have to be a show quality as nobody will notice unless they lay down on the ground.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome back! Can’t wait for progress . Lower sill is a super easy fix. Tape it off, sand it down to bare metal, spray rust reformer on the left over rust areas, spray primer sealer then base and clear. Doest have to be a show quality as nobody will notice unless they lay down on the ground.

thanks :) glad to be back! I had my first drive since purchasing it and man I forgot how good these vehicles are

the ride quality is so much better

lately I've spent most of my time getting the Grand Prix ready to sell, but I did manage to plasti-dip my fenders:

and then since I'm getting all new tint, my dad asked if he could have my front windows lol

so now I'm completely naked in the front, and I think he has stock 20% in the rear, and probably 50% fronts if I had to guess. they are pretty light

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
thanks :) glad to be back! I had my first drive since purchasing it and man I forgot how good these vehicles are

the ride quality is so much better

lately I've spent most of my time getting the Grand Prix ready to sell, but I did manage to plasti-dip my fenders:

View attachment 224641
View attachment 224642

and then since I'm getting all new tint, my dad asked if he could have my front windows lol

View attachment 224643
View attachment 224644

so now I'm completely naked in the front, and I think he has stock 20% in the rear, and probably 50% fronts if I had to guess. they are pretty light
Why'd he want your windows? So you could have his 50%, or he just wanted clear windows?

john p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here are some pictures in the daylight:

View attachment 224302
View attachment 224303
View attachment 224304 View attachment 224305
View attachment 224306

I paid the most money for this one, and it has the most rust of any of the ones I've owned, but I still think I'll make out okay

2002 Tahoe LT 160k miles, no rust - $3,800 -> sold for $5,000 with 180k miles
2002 Suburban LT 95k miles, no rust - $5,000 -> sold for $8,500 with 99k miles
2006 Yukon Denali 178k miles, some rust - $4,800 -> sold for $7,000 with 185k miles
2005 Tahoe LS 136k miles, some rust - $5,500

john p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks exactly like my 2004 Suburban. The only rust I have is around the key hole on rear tailgate. I have 130k miles

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why'd he want your windows? So you could have his 50%, or he just wanted clear windows?

he had no tint and this new tahoe came with 50% or 35%.

since I'm throwing 1% on it anyways, it didn't have any advantage to keep the windows in the truck, but it would be basically like getting free tint for his vehicle

Bigshawn

Reaction score
Looks good and sounds like you got a good deal. I have a 01 yukon slt bought it in 09 with 90,000 and now has 319,000. Haven't had any problems but the usual shit like brake lines, fuel pump and regular maintenance.
Are them rear quarters cut out some cause looks like alot more space than usual and what color did you paint the rims cause I like them, they don't look to glossy but then they don't really look like a flat black.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
spent about $4000 on eBay and my builder over the last two days....

hopefully have some updates starting next week :)

Looks good and sounds like you got a good deal. I have a 01 yukon slt bought it in 09 with 90,000 and now has 319,000. Haven't had any problems but the usual shit like brake lines, fuel pump and regular maintenance.
Are them rear quarters cut out some cause looks like alot more space than usual and what color did you paint the rims cause I like them, they don't look to glossy but then they don't really look like a flat black.

yeah this is my 6th Chevy SUV, I've had them ranging from 96k miles to 285k miles and never had one let me down, I love them!

The rear quarter panels are all OEM to my knowledge.

they're about to be filled up with some new rims and tires tho :p

The rims are just normal $8 plasti-dip from Menards

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got my tint done! went quite a bit lighter than usual, 50% windshield and 5% windows

the truck is really starting to take form now

should have new headlights + tail lights on tomorrow

my rims and tires arrived, but I went with the cheapest steel rims I could find, and 3 separate shops told me they would not mount them, because they were cheap chinese shit that could not be balanced

I'm shopping around some more, but looking for a quality steel wheel, gonna be 275/70/r16 BFG KO2s and hoping to find some 16x8" rims at about -12 offset

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts