2005 Tahoe Daily [Update 06/25/20 - leveled?]

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody, it's been a couple months since I've posted!

I sold my 2006 Yukon Denali with 185k miles in April 2019 I think, but it looks like I couldn't resist coming back.

I happened to be looking on craigslist tonight and found a unicorn deal.

A 2005 Tahoe that was posted 32 minutes before I saw it, by a guy who was the 2nd owner, and happened to live less than 5 minutes from me.

It has 136k original miles, relatively little rust, and just a few other small issues.

It happened to be about 11pm when we met up, and the guy definitely seemed sketched out to be handling so much cash at night, but we got it worked out!

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow, and then we can start ordering parts and laying out ideas!

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey everybody, it's been a couple months since I've posted!

I sold my 2006 Yukon Denali with 185k miles in April 2019 I think, but it looks like I couldn't resist coming back.

I happened to be looking on craigslist tonight and found a unicorn deal.

A 2005 Tahoe that was posted 32 minutes before I saw it, by a guy who was the 2nd owner, and happened to live less than 5 minutes from me.

It has 136k original miles, relatively little rust, and very few issues.

It happened to be about 11pm when we met up, and the guy definitely seemed sketched out to be handling so much cash at night, but we got it worked out!

View attachment 224275

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow, and then we can start ordering parts and laying out ideas!
Once you thought you were out, you get pulled back in! Welcome back. What's the game plan for this one?

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you thought you were out, you get pulled back in! Welcome back. What's the game plan for this one?

yeah it's definitely hard to go from an SUV to a car

I thought I liked my Grand Prix, but I sat down and made a list and the SUV wins in almost every category

SUV:
more comfortable
sits higher on the road
holds value better
4wd
more customization options

car:
3MPG better
faster

so we're back in SUV territory lol

I'll probably just do my standard stuff to it. Exhaust, CAI, tint, Z71 roof rack, debadge and remove the running boards, new rims and tires, etc.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's got cloth interior which is fine by me, I just need to get a jump seat for the front row

it also already has a bluetooth head unit, window tint, and Flowmaster Super 40 muffler, which is all stuff I would do to the vehicle anyways, so that probably saved me ~$500 or so

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Here are some pictures in the daylight:

View attachment 224302
View attachment 224303
View attachment 224304 View attachment 224305
View attachment 224306

I paid the most money for this one, and it has the most rust of any of the ones I've owned, but I still think I'll make out okay

2002 Tahoe LT 160k miles, no rust - $3,800 -> sold for $5,000 with 180k miles
2002 Suburban LT 95k miles, no rust - $5,000 -> sold for $8,500 with 99k miles
2006 Yukon Denali 178k miles, some rust - $4,800 -> sold for $7,000 with 185k miles
2005 Tahoe LS 136k miles, some rust - $5,500
I see some rust through on the driver side lower sill, anywhere else?
It's got cloth interior which is fine by me, I just need to get a jump seat for the front row

View attachment 224308
View attachment 224309
View attachment 224310
View attachment 224311

it also already has a bluetooth head unit, window tint, and Flowmaster Super 40 muffler, which is all stuff I would do to the vehicle anyways, so that probably saved me ~$500 or so

View attachment 224307
Funny, usually guys would rather have the center console--including myself--rather then the jump seat. I actually ditched mine for a console.

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see some rust through on the driver side lower sill, anywhere else?

Funny, usually guys would rather have the center console--including myself--rather then the jump seat. I actually ditched mine for a console.

It's got a decent amount of rust along the running board area

more than I thought when I bought it, but man I was so excited just to buy one with low miles lol

as for the center console, I rarely use them, and find the center seat to offer more utility. I like having family pets sit up front with me

Last edited:
OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
while I was breaking out the calculator and attempting a budget, I decided to start on some quick and easy things

poor man's black rims, and removal of the rusting boards. I mean running boards.

I'll be getting my tint done either this Saturday June 8th, or Tuesday June 18th depending on when my guy is available.

Going 5% on the windows, but taking it a bit lighter and only doing 50% on the entire windshield

not sure what I'll work on tonight. I've gotta dip the fender flares and bumpers, I have a CAI from a previous vehicle that I can add, and a Z71 roof rack

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
while I was breaking out the calculator and attempting a budget, I decided to start on some quick and easy things

poor man's black rims, and removal of the rusting boards. I mean running boards.

View attachment 224367
View attachment 224368

I'll be getting my tint done either this Saturday June 8th, or Tuesday June 18th depending on when my guy is available.

Going 5% on the windows, but taking it a bit lighter and only doing 50% on the entire windshield

not sure what I'll work on tonight. I've gotta dip the fender flares and bumpers, I have a CAI from a previous vehicle that I can add, and a Z71 roof rack
Gonna do anything for the rusting lower door sills?

OP
OP
Galandorian

Galandorian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna do anything for the rusting lower door sills?

not sure yet. given I don't tend to keep vehicles long, I might just leave it

my dad paid $500 to have some type of bedliner type stuff coated all around his vehicle to prevent rust but I'm not sure I like how it looks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues