Illumination bulbs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking for the replacement bulbs for interior switches. Specifically the headlight switch backlight. Anyone have any idea what the part or bulb number is? I can't find one anywhere. Its the bulb with the little gray twistlock base. The really small one, not like the twistlocks in the climate control module.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Its a weird small bulb I was thinking of just wiring in some single 12v leds in place of mine. I need to do both that switch and my steering wheel audio controls

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a wierd one with a blue rubber coating on the lens. I actually just found the delco part and they're like 7 bucks a piece. No thanks. I may look into placing an led in there but I dont know of any small LEDs that will take 12V and i can't see how to place a resistor without tearing into the switch.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Easy solder the resistor onto the positive leg of the led, then heat shrink it, then pull the illumination power from the switch itself instead of where the bulb would seat

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Smd that hoe

WAT

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Nice, any idea what the lights in the steering.controls are?

OP
OP

2000tahoeZ71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone has used the LED NEO4, does the blue LED replicate the blue coated original?

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
2002 blazer I plan on opening the unit and finding out, same with the mirror control and I'm assuming driver window switches ate illuminated as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn