Illuminated front Glowtie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hdrolling

Reaction score
After reading the install Instruction for the front illuminated bowtie (glowtie) I figured it had to be easier than removing the front grill and drivers headlight.

It was, the plug can be reached from the driver side wheel well easily, and then the wiring can be installed under the black plastic trim piece covering the radiator. Pretty easy install.

IMG_0834.jpg
IMG_0835.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg
IMG_0847.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice will need to look into trying this one.

Veecee18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After reading the install Instruction for the front illuminated bowtie (glowtie) I figured it had to be easier than removing the front grill and drivers headlight.

It was, the plug can be reached from the driver side wheel well easily, and then the wiring can be installed under the black plastic trim piece covering the radiator. Pretty easy install.

View attachment 344714
View attachment 344715
View attachment 344716
View attachment 344717
View attachment 344718
Lies, on it being easy. Not easy. Prolly wasn’t easy for you either but people just say those things to look the part

OP
OP
hdrolling

hdrolling

Reaction score
Lies, on it being easy. Not easy. Prolly wasn’t easy for you either but people just say those things to look the part
Sorry but what part wasn't easy? You remove the screws holding on the wheel well liner and then just unplug the harness from the light and plug this inline. If you found that hard you might want to stick to paying someone. So far I have installed the illuminated door sills, illuminated bow tie, bowtie flood lights, Gm Performance exhaust, cold air intake, a catch can and the rear cargo all weather liner. All with basic hand tools, no special cutting or welding needed to install any of this and it's all as simple as removing one part and installing another in it's place. Some people are just not mechanically inclined, no shame in that.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but what part wasn't easy? You remove the screws holding on the wheel well liner and then just unplug the harness from the light and plug this inline. If you found that hard you might want to stick to paying someone. So far I have installed the illuminated door sills, illuminated bow tie, bowtie flood lights, Gm Performance exhaust, cold air intake, a catch can and the rear cargo all weather liner. All with basic hand tools, no special cutting or welding needed to install any of this and it's all as simple as removing one part and installing another in it's place. Some people are just not mechanically inclined, no shame in that.
Have a link for the catch can you installed?

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is the one I installed and some pics:

Attachments

• F1819AB8-DEB9-43CA-BA59-35A781885E6E.jpeg
    F1819AB8-DEB9-43CA-BA59-35A781885E6E.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 24
  • CDDE5048-21A7-41F3-9297-D8A14952FF21.jpeg
    CDDE5048-21A7-41F3-9297-D8A14952FF21.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 78904207-AAED-4BF2-AF9A-3BFCC76C180C.jpeg
    78904207-AAED-4BF2-AF9A-3BFCC76C180C.jpeg
    263 KB · Views: 24

MSTI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just tried your method of install and everything was as you said it was except I could not get the light connector removed. I did pull the red tab out but at the angle my hand was, I couldn't get enough torque to pull it. Fortunately, that was my starting point so the original bowtie is still intact. Any tips? I really would like to do this without removing the grill, etc.

Veecee18

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My hands were too big. Had to get someone with smaller hands to remove the wiring from the headlight and reinstall the glow tie wire. Wasn’t fun but yes got the job done and I thank you for that. But not easy with my own hands. On that note I apologize for coming off like that. May I ask you which intake brand did you go with ? I keep looking at cold air inductions but have been hesitant because I’ve heard that originally Chevy halted all intake sales because something wrong was happening to the computer with their own Chevy intakes. Not sure the specifics. Just know when I wanted to order one, they shot it down.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 344714
View attachment 344715
View attachment 344716
View attachment 344717
View attachment 344718

What are those clip on things for the nylon ties? I like those.

MSTI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just tried your method of install and everything was as you said it was except I could not get the light connector removed. I did pull the red tab out but at the angle my hand was, I couldn't get enough torque to pull it. Fortunately, that was my starting point so the original bowtie is still intact. Any tips? I really would like to do this without removing the grill, etc.
I tried again today and got it to pop lose with a flat screwdriver but no amount of pulling with my fingers was going to free it. After that it was easy and took maybe about an hour. Everything works and thanks again for the write up!