Illegal Roll Pans?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Grocery Getter

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
In CA I got a ticket when I had my astro, You cannot have any passanger within six feet of the rear without a rear bumper and a roll pan does not count

How much did they get'cha for?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I wonder if there is anyway to reinforce the roll pan to qualify it as a bumper....

chistoso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is why I didn't get a pan for mine, too many stupid drivers here. I wouldn't think it'd be illegal though.

We must be sharing them because they are here too. Yeah, bumpers stay..

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
interesting... i was unaware of this, makes sense though... i want a denali rear bumper anyways.

OP
OP
Grocery Getter

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
interesting... i was unaware of this, makes sense though... i want a denali rear bumper anyways.

I just checked out the Denali Platinum rear bumpers.......no way, not for me. I like clean and minimal....that thing is like a spaceship. I'm still on the fence about putting the roll pan on. I really want to and think it looks mad sick but am worried about getting rear ended, not that I ever have(knock on wood) but you know how that goes.....once it's on here comes the jack ass with no insurance talking on the cell phone eating a big mac running into the back of me......

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I just checked out the Denali Platinum rear bumpers.......no way, not for me. I like clean and minimal....that thing is like a spaceship. I'm still on the fence about putting the roll pan on. I really want to and think it looks mad sick but am worried about getting rear ended, not that I ever have(knock on wood) but you know how that goes.....once it's on here comes the jack ass with no insurance talking on the cell phone eating a big mac running into the back of me......

yea no shit!! and it would happen 30 minutes after that roll pan was installed too!!

My rear bumper is already painted, problem is the plstic trim that is black and yours and everyone elses is grey on mine (GD Z71 *********). thats the only reason i want the denali bumper, painted but with black trim instead of nasty ass grey.

Drgnblood

F%ck Douchebagistan!
Reaction score
youll hate the grey too!! it just doesnt look right IMO

if the body shop guy i know would paint it i wouldnt mind....he said that the way the surface is he wouldnt be able to paint and have it come out right....i tried to get him to paint my door handles....so now i have to find a hoe in a salvage lot that has painted handles so i can pull em...

but yeah i would prolly get tired of it....isnt there a SS valance for the bottom portion that could cover that grey....i think that would work too

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 450 but I WILL be putting on on my tahoe
How much did they get'cha for?

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I wonder if there is anyway to reinforce the roll pan to qualify it as a bumper....