Idiot Question Time - Trans Fluid Dipstick Level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDermut

Reaction score
Okay so probably my most ridiculous and likely obvious question to-date, but I want to make sure before I go any further and potentially mess something up. I checked my automatic transmission fluid level and I'm not entirely sure if I need to add more or if I'm at capacity. I have yet to find a pic or vid online that shows an ideal dipstick level/appearance for this type of vehicle and the one photo in my Chiltons is essentially useless.

I hope these pics are helpful. This is after getting her up to running temp, shifting through each gear and holding for five seconds each, followed by wiping and reinserting the dipstick. If need be I'd have no problem doing it again. Perhaps it's an obvious answer but I'd appreciate any input, and if anyone happens to have a pic of their trans dipstick to compare I'd appreciate that as well!

7D61E03A-B4EF-4067-9F0D-4F9FD623C2D5.jpeg C45CD6A7-E120-4DA8-94FF-919FB96FDEA9.jpeg

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start truck on level ground and run through the gears and back to park. If the truck is cold make sure the fluid is between the cold marks when cold. Then get the vehicle to full operating temp and make sure the level is between the two holes in the crosshatch. If you look closely you should find this is written on the dipstick itself.

Your dipstick shows full, very full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cvaldez224