I Want To Put Together A System, Help Me Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For one I really miss my bumps, I pulled everything out last year because I was trying to sell the Hoe, but now its almost paid off and I really started liking it LOL

But before I had a single 12" Alpine Type E in a sealed Q Logic box with a Alpine MRP-450 mono amp, but I was only running the sub at 200 watts, and an Alpine head unit (don't remember the part #) and it sounded good, but I want a little more this time

I'd really like a couple 12" Eclpise Aluminums, but they are getting hard to find now. But I have also been considering Pioneers since they are on the lower end of the cost scale. I can get new 12s for about $60 each and then I'd just have to get an amp to run them.

But I really want to upgrade all of the door speakers and the rear speakers. I have seen the pods that some of the guys on here make, but they just don't do it for me, sorry. But I have also heard that you can grind out a little and make a 6x9 fit. But what sizes do the front doors take, the rear doors, and the tweeters that are in the front doors?

Now this time around I will be running 2 amps, one for the subs and one for all of the door speakers. I know its going to be a ton of work, but I know in the end it will be well worth it. I don't want anything crazy, just a nice clean install with al hidden wires, and a little bit of bumps.

But help me out on the mids and subs, I don't have a ton of money, but I can piece it together over a few months and still be happy when the install is done.

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Like this seems to be a decent deal
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-PI...30352607723QQptZCarQ5fSubwoofersQ5fEnclosures

But I don't like the box and has anyone even heard of the amp???

Backon4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
go with the kicker mids and highs they are very reasonably priced and sound great. Also I'd look into some kicker subs and amps. For the money they are hard to beat

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
go with the kicker mids and highs they are very reasonably priced and sound great. Also I'd look into some kicker subs and amps. For the money they are hard to beat

I was thinking about kickers too. I just got done with a complete install in my dads 98 ram and he has all kenwood speakers and subs. They are really well priced and sound ALOT better than the stockers, but they are too high pitched for my liking, but he loves it and thats all that matters :)

But this is what I have for sizes....
Front Door: 6-1/2"
Rear Door: 6-3/4"
Rear Roof: 4x10"

Bt does anyone have any info about modding the far rears and making a 6x9 fit?

I'm just trying to put together a lower budget system, but still have something that sounds good. I think I can do it if I have the patience to look and wait for good deals. I know I can get reman amps fairly cheap, but has anyone had any luck with them?

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
hey man pm me. I have hook ups to dealer price kicker stuff. And i can get the kicker subs at buy one get one free. So pm me and lets get this rollin.

tast101

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hey man pm me. I have hook ups to dealer price kicker stuff. And i can get the kicker subs at buy one get one free. So pm me and lets get this rollin.

I may have to hit you up later, when I do my g/fs car and possibly upgrade some of my stuff.

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM sent

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Alright I'm looking at the Kicker KS650 6.5" mids for the front and rear doors and they are rated at 65 watts RMS, my deck it 55x4. Would it even be worth buying another amp just to power the mids? Or should I just upgrade all of the wiring?

Also I'm not going to dynamat anything right now since I really can't afford it, but later down the road I will. I know I will loose some sound quality, but I really can't swing all of the insolation, that would be too expensive right now.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Heres another pretty good deal IMO

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Kicker-600Wat...rkparms=65:12|66:4|39:1|72:1240|293:1|294:200

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
look into the pioneer tws308d4's they're the better of the pioneers you linked earlier. they're still only about 60 a speaker. theyre the same as the premier ones, minus the 3 year warranty. I had my first set for a year and are now in my ex's car, and i had 3 in my hoe for a year until they got stolen. my ex's car is easily in the 140 dB range, and the hoe was close. I'm actually doing 4 of em soon. they're actually a great speaker. people dont expect it either.
if you do the pioneers, go ported. theres no other way to do that speaker justice.

Backon4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
PM sent

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Alright I'm looking at the Kicker KS650 6.5" mids for the front and rear doors and they are rated at 65 watts RMS, my deck it 55x4. Would it even be worth buying another amp just to power the mids? Or should I just upgrade all of the wiring?

Also I'm not going to dynamat anything right now since I really can't afford it, but later down the road I will. I know I will loose some sound quality, but I really can't swing all of the insolation, that would be too expensive right now.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Heres another pretty good deal IMO

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Kicker-600Wat...rkparms=65:12|66:4|39:1|72:1240|293:1|294:200

The ks650's are nice, they are what I'm running in the front and rear doors and then the ks4100's for the very back

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ks650's are nice, they are what I'm running in the front and rear doors and then the ks4100's for the very back

I'm thinking that pretty much anything will be an improvement over stock, and I'm going to wire everything through an amp for the first time rather than just using the deck for the mids and highs and an amp for the subs. Should be a fun install, well I'm looking foward to it anyway.

When DJ gets back to me hopefully we can work something out to get it started.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
I'd suggest CDT audio for mids and highs. You can get a "b" purchased set of 6.5" for around 150 and they have excellent sound quality.

For subs Treo...a TSX 12 sealed or even ported will put your previous Alpine to shame!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo