I Want To Put Together A System, Help Me Out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest CDT audio for mids and highs. You can get a "b" purchased set of 6.5" for around 150 and they have excellent sound quality.

For subs Treo...a TSX 12 sealed or even ported will put your previous Alpine to shame!

Oh I know that about any sub would put the Type E to shame LOL, but I'm on a budget with this thing and I don't know if I'll even be able to do it as soon as I wanted to. Some life happened and its taking all of my money once again, but I guess that what happens

I'll keep you guys posted on what happens though

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok new idea, I'm looking into getting polk audio 6.5s for the front and rear doors and polk audio 6x9s for the far rears. Then I'm throwing my old Type E back in with the Q Logic box and getting an amp to to power just the sub for now, but will get another amp down the road when I can afford it.

But I think I'm going to start ordering the speakers next week and get the rest of my LEDs that I need for the interior and do everything at once. But I'll take pics and let you guys know how everything goes

doggworld1233

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well i would do... this is not the cheapest but it will sound really good

6.5 comp set in ft-- Rockford power series (t162s)
rear 6.5 would be the same in a coax
roof would be 6x9 pods RF Power(T1692C)

i would use a good 4 channel of your choice...

and i would go with 2-pioneer tsw308d4 and any amp that is cea 850 rms or greater at 1ohm

box- each box at 1.75 ported at 45hrtz with a 20sq in port.

OP
OP
Ninety5PoloZ

Ninety5PoloZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i would do... this is not the cheapest but it will sound really good

6.5 comp set in ft-- Rockford power series (t162s)
rear 6.5 would be the same in a coax
roof would be 6x9 pods RF Power(T1692C)

i would use a good 4 channel of your choice...

and i would go with 2-pioneer tsw308d4 and any amp that is cea 850 rms or greater at 1ohm

box- each box at 1.75 ported at 45hrtz with a 20sq in port.

HAHA thanks man, but I really can't afford to get crazy right now. I can't really afford a comp set, so the basic coax will have to hold me over for a little while.

In my dads truck I went with all Kenwoods and I'm not all that impressed with the sound of them, but hes just using the deck to power them and hes 150% happy with it. But I plan on adding an amp for the door speakers and rear speakers later on when I can afford it, but I just can't swing spending alot right now. But whatever I get now will be 100% better than what I currently have. Blown/not working rear door speakers, cracking and poping 4x10s, and distorted front door speakers. I have to turn my bass almost completely off on my deck to even be able to listen to anything LOL

I was almost tempted to just buy some $10 speakers from wal-mart, but I know I will just hate my life if I did that, so I'm holding off for a little bit to get some decent speakers

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing is that the ones I'm looking at are car/marine speakers. But I was told that they are pretty much the same and are just water proof.

maybe on some, some I have heard are way louder (marine) than car audio versions.

doggworld1233

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you are looking for something cheap and good then get powerbass L 6.75 for your truck and run them off a deck... they are 3ohm speakers and will be louder than any thing you can get in your price range..

our97ho

Reaction score
we spent about 400.00 all together maybe a bit more on the new set up thats including wood and the 2 kicker 15's and couldnt be happier just switched out the gravity amp for a polk one and OMG WOW the differnce and go figure the polk is a smaller amp but a bit of a heads up on the BUMPIN 4 less watch out for the tickets that you may end up racking up cause they get hefty

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
i second the powerbass L's. best bang for your buck imo. had em in my truck before the infinities. sounded great even pre amp. plus theyre CHEAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts