i want some boom!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chunney

Reaction score
i guess i'll try a capacitator. how would i install another battery though?:Boo:

Search bro, search! This should be a perfect example of what you want to do. From what I've been told 90% of the time a capacitor might help with dimming lights and such but they put a ton of strain on your alternator and can cause premature failure. I would go with a 2nd battery and that SHOULD solve any problem you have.

http://98.196.65.94/dual_battery.html

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
Search bro, search! This should be a perfect example of what you want to do. From what I've been told 90% of the time a capacitor might help with dimming lights and such but they put a ton of strain on your alternator and can cause premature failure. I would go with a 2nd battery and that SHOULD solve any problem you have.

That setup looks cool. I like the idea of having a backup and being able to jump start yourself lol.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score

actually a good cap will not harm to alt. And how much it helps, depends on how big of farad it has.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
OBS trucks have a nice little spot for a second battery on the opposite side of the battery. Its where i've got time. I assume its where they put the factory 2nd batt on the diesels.

OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my problem is not dimming lights and such.

just when i start truck is like i have a carburated engine, i have to keep on the gas so it stays on then it wont shut off. i will get a cap see how it responds...

chunney

Reaction score
OBS trucks have a nice little spot for a second battery on the opposite side of the battery. Its where i've got time. I assume its where they put the factory 2nd batt on the diesels.

Just like in the link I posted? =P

dual_battery_setup.jpg

OP
OP
raphy

raphy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i installed the cap yesterday, the sound quality is alot more better then when it didnt have it before. but im still having issues upon start up mostly when its cold starting. im almost thinking it could be the alternator, would installing a high output alternator do the trick guys? i havent been able to post pics of the setup but i will soon!:ehcapt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n