I want all your ideas/fixes for the seat heater SHUTTING off dilemma!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wade

Reaction score
I have an 03 Denali. Had it for 2 years, not an issue ever with this. As of this week, the seat heaters in BOTH front seats like to just randomly shut off.

Whats the beef?

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i believe the heating elements have gone bad, mine is just in my drivers seat tho, the passenger works fine but when i turn the driver seat on it will shut off the passenger seat too

03YukonNH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Theres a thread on here somewhere on how to replace the heating element in the seat. Apparently they short out and corrode over time - probably from getting wet from getting in and out in the rain or snow. Anyway, theres a thread that shows what they look like and how to replace them with pictures.

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
damnit. I replaced the lower (ass) heating pad. no fix.

the seat will stay heated all day, but once i move or bounce my ass around, it shuts off.

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
I am STILL fighting this. The pass. seat heater works great.

But now the driver, it wont even stay on. Once I press the seat heater button, it shuts off immediately. I have a new ASS heater pad, door seat heater switch and a new brain(mother board) that is under the seat in place and STILL the seat shuts off.

I guess I will order the back heating element pad and try that.

Joe1129uscg

Reaction score
I have repaired lots of these and its always been the upper heating element...
HeatedSeat003.gif

OP
OP
W

wade

Reaction score
I am stumped on how to get the back section of seat off to check that pad. Can you guide me on that

Joe1129uscg

Reaction score
I was too...I just reached under the leather and pulled the heat pad out and then WITHOUT removing the paper from the sticky get it into position and then pull the paper off the sticky strip. You will need to take the entire seat out to do this, not as hard as it sounds there are four bolts that hold the seat down.

Joe1129uscg

Reaction score
Dorman brand- Orielly Auto Part or Amazon
641-105 Lower
641-106 Upper

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tbarajas74

Latest posts