I need TPMS Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of my 2 sets of wheels (1 winter, 1 not-winter) I have 3 sensors bad. 2 are just low batteries. Are the batteries replaceable? I see some Ebay listings for used sensors come with a "service kit" but I thought you couldn't change batteries?

If not, what part numbers will work? 11514379 like should be original to my 05 seem to be the most expensive... grrr.... if batteries can't be replaced I'm probably going to need 8 new sensors, that gets expensive at $50 each...

Is there any other solution?

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The batteries are not replaceable. Check amazon eBay and rock auto I got my set from amazon couple years back for 2 different vehicles and think I paid closer to $25 each.

14rcsbOH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for the record have you tried reseting them, I had what was thought to be a “bad” one on my old truck, reset it and it was fine.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point I assumed you checked your tire pressure all around. There are instructions in owners manual how to reset or you can find it on the forum for your truck. Mine is an 07 so I go to DIC hit relearn and add or let out air until it honks this can be done with a tool as well

OP
OP
C

CountryBoy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point I assumed you checked your tire pressure all around. There are instructions in owners manual how to reset or you can find it on the forum for your truck. Mine is an 07 so I go to DIC hit relearn and add or let out air until it honks this can be done with a tool as well
Learn procedure is what I used to determine one is totally gone... I thought there was a different "reset" procedure you were talking about.

Full story: bought a 2nd set of wheels exactly like mine from a salvage yard to use for winter tires (better traction with ice tires and keeps my nicer wheels out of the salt). Before dropping off at tire shop to have winter tires installed I tried a relearn with those wheels. 3 of the 4 would "learn" but that 4th one, no matter what order I tried to learn them, simply wouldn't "learn". I came to the conclusion it's either a goner or battery is totally dead (goner).

Additionally, the set of all-season tires I have on now has 2 sensors with weak batteries. On short trips they're fine but longer trips, where they transmit more before getting a break/dormant period they start to have problems. I think these are the original sensors as it's a low miles xl and these tires have a date stamp of 2009 (they're getting replaced soon as well). If they're original I'm sure the other 2 sensors aren't far behind.

Lastly, I did some self education on aftermarket sensors. Many need programmed before they can be learned. Denso makes a direct fit sensor that doesn't need programmed before learning, it looks exactly like the 15114379 that is in my wheels except different color. They're same cost as OEM on rock auto but found on amazon for under $30... bought 8 of them...

Last edited:

MTHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if you have a buddy mechanic or even a shop that is generous enough, they should have a sensor that can read tpms frequencies and determine which sensor(s) are bad and which ones are good. Did that when i first bought mine and assumed two were bad, got it scanned to find out only one was bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie