I need some no crank no start help,please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys.We had tons of rain and flooding so i wasnt able to do much outside.

Ok so i put in a new crankshaft position sensor just to see if that fixed the issue,didnt help at all.I dont mind spending a little money atleast i know its all newer parts and shouldnt fail anytime soon.

I started poking around with the test light again and from what ive found is i have 2 sites that didnt light up the test light with the key cranked over like i was trying to start the truck.The starter trigger wire was not lighting the light up at the stud of the starter.Im not sure exactly which wire that is that runs from there to the relay im guessing in the under the hood fuse block.If anyone knows exactly where that trigger wire goes so i can test the other end of it i would appreciate it.

Also the IGN3 fuse in the driver side dash fuse block was not lighting up at all when turning the key over and trying to crank the truck.I traded that fuse with a couple new 10A fuses and same result.

Anyone have any more insight after i have explained these 2 things?I feel like im getting close but its just escaping my newbie grasp.As always thanks in advance for any info,tips and tricks.
See if this helps any.You dont need a relay jumper -just switch the relays and see if it works.About the neutral safety switch-Hold you key in the run position and move the shifter handle from neutral and park taking up the slop to see if it starts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

L8NiTe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today i walked out and some sort of sorcery happened over night or something,i put the key in and it cranked,and cranked,and cranked.It cranks every time i try now and i didnt even change anything from yesterday.Now it wont start though.Before it wouldnt crank at the ignition,but i couldd jump the starter studs and it startedd no prob.Now it cranks at the ignition andd wont start,wont even start for a couple seconds like it would if the alarm was cutting it back off.Im all for learning and doing jobs yourself but now this happening is about to piss me off.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok you caught me. ill pull that pin out of the tahoe voodoo doll i got here lol

this truck does have a mind of its own.

check the fuel pump fuse.

or key to run, uncap the shrader valve on the fuel rail and push the pin, if its got fuel pressure gas will come flying out. if it dribbles out or nothing comes out you have no pressure. then check the fuse if nothing comes out.

OP
OP
L

L8NiTe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok i couldnt find a fuse for the fuel pump just a smaller relay in the under the hood box.Dont really know how to test the relay while its installed.I had key to run checked for pressure out the shrader valve and no gas came out,not even a drop,heard no air like any pressure releasing.

I went and bought a new ignition cylinder and installed it,truck keeps trying to fire up no problem but just wont start.

Its weird yesterday it wouldnt crank,so i touched the starter studs to get it started so i could pull it forward a little up onto some ramps so i could get back underneath it,then today no fuel pressure,it cranks but wont start.This truck is testing my patience big time.I price a fuel pump and filter at autozone close to 250 bucks for the pair...if i buy that and something else is still wrong i swear ill send this hunk of poop to the junk yard for scrap metal lol.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
under the hood fuse box, you got a few labeled pcm, iirc someone said one of them is the fuel pump fuse. key off, id start pulling fuse by fuse checking them.

TJ Baker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this applies. I have an 02 trailblazer that had mysterious no start no crank issues when I bought it. Among other things I discovered the fuse block under the hood had poor contacts at the base of the fuses.

PS.. I ended up gently putting a slight bend/ twist on the affected fuses tangs after peering down into the fuse block to see how I could improve the tiny contact points down in there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv