I need help with lift ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L33T96SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, i recently sold my 96 and bought a 2001.. i love the truck but unfortunatly, i dont like stock (who does)? so i wanna lift it. I wanna fit 35's but I wanna hear from people on what they think, and what they have done.
or if i should go 4in with 33s? 4 in and 35s 6in? idk... so im coming here for help. Also, if anyone knows somewhere to get good lift kits (on a budget)
would be much appreciated, if youve used them your thoughts and ideas. thanks all!

Attachments

• YUKONNNNNN.jpg
    YUKONNNNNN.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
L33T96SLT

L33T96SLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah i want the 6 i just cant justify spending 2k on a skyjacker or rancho

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
If u want 33s go with keys and spacers or if u want 35s go with a 6" lift. I couldnt justify the money for a lift so I went with keys.

surferrepoman

Reaction score
I went with the 2" spacers in the front and keys in front. I love the ride and the look, but I should have saved my money and waited, because now I want it taller! It cost me close to $500 for the 2" I gained, that included 4 new Bilstien shocks. I should have just spent the 2K and got the 6" lift kit. Luckily, I did not buy bigger tires tires yet. So I would tell you to go with the 6" lift even if you have to sve up and wait. Good luck

Yusofat

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You don't need a 4" lift to fit 33s. I went with keys and 1.75" spacers in the back. (the kit came with 0.75" spacers) You should be able to run 33x12.50 on stock wheels without rubbing. I don't have my new tires yet but they'll be coming by the end of the year.

I have a lifted '96 K1500 Z71 and ran 35x12.50 on a 15x12 wheels and the truck just beat me to death. The ball joints always wore out prematurely and I had a hard time keeping it aligned. I won't ever go that high again even though new trucks and SUVs these days drive better and the lift kits are better designed.

Last edited:

StickiestLizard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents

I got an 01 LT w/6 inch Pro Comp suspention lift and a 2" leveler and still rub with 35r20x12.5. But I also have a -25mm offset on my rims which most do not or have less. So if u want anything larger than 33s, better do suspension. I'm told 33s with factoryish size rims fit perfect with no rub on a 3" body lift or 2" leveler.

mikewayne

Reaction score
Looks like a really interesting post and equally informative about ideas to work on the vehicles we got, will surely help others as well as it has helped me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24

Latest posts