I need help with code p0342. please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXLDenaliZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I have a sport red metallic 2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali. bought from auction with no issues and one owner. installed a BTR Cam, dual timing chain, and high volume oil pump. after driving it for a while with no CEL on at all it decided to stop turning on one day. turned out to be the wire for the crank sensor broke somewhere so I replaced the sensor and wire and it takes 3 turns for it to start now ever since then I had the CEL on for the cam sensor. I replaced the cam sensor and cam sensor pig tail. I checked continuity on both ends from computer to connecter and it has no breaks or anything out of the ordinary. swapped computers and shows the same code. it has struggled to start ever since and all I have to do is shake the harness and it starts just fine. I just want it back to the way it was before.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since you changed the crank sensor has a cam-crank correlation relearn been done?