I Have To Commend Auto Zone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
We have an Amazon Prime account and I’ve been ordering up lots of stuff from there, but seems there’s major delays from Amazon.

I was shocked at how quick some gear oil came when I ordered some up from Auto Zone a couple weeks ago.

Again, last night about 8:30 pm or so, I ordered a transmission filter and gasket from them. I was shocked to see they had prepped it for delivery 30 minutes later. FedEx picked it up this morning and will be here this evening! I did expedite shipping which should have taken 2 business days, but definitely not the next day.

Here it shows that it was ordered yesterday:
B6483EFC-C915-4169-8074-2C9C882393EC.jpeg

Here’s when it will arrive:

7F6CA333-7C53-4D0D-862C-7182368836B8.jpeg

Very pleased with AutoZone!

3B277385-01A6-46E3-8FE1-2DB6324AA41A.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya amazon is ******* up pretty bad I ordered a new phone from them last week it was supposed to be delivered in 2 days, it shipped late in the evening of the day it was supposed to be delivered it left a wharehouse in my town, traveled 30 miles south, then went 5 more hours south to Los angeles, sat there for almost 2 days then went to Kentucky and it's still sitting there now for over 24 hours. Had another item I had ordered, they popped up on my phone saying they were 10 stops away and it showed on the map they they were 2 blocks away, so I waited and then 2 hours later nothing had shown up so I checked my phone again and they were now a hour away and said delivery would be delayed for up to 2 days WTF? I have been having multiple problems with amazon those 2 are just the most recent. autozone usually has stuff out pretty quick and on time.

OP
OP
Jason in DLH

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I hear ya. Amazon cancelled one of my orders and refunded my money the day that it was supposed to arrive saying it was out of stock (very unusual). So after waiting a week already I had to reorder it up and wait another week. I’m assuming everyone is using Amazon and they simply can’t handle the volume anymore.

bill1013

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it can work to your advantage. The wife ordered some covers for our washer & dryer. It got to the point where we were laughing at Amazon, because the order is accepted...no wait...it's not...it's cancelled...no it's not...the order is being shipped...wait...it's not...the order is being delivered...no it's not. We went through that for over a month. Meanwhile other stuff was coming in, but at a snail's pace. This past weekend we received this over-sized box from Amazon. It was the covers, but not just 1 set of covers, like she ordered, but 4 sets of covers! So the wife gets on the Amazon website to check her account and it says that "unfortunately your order has been cancelled because they are out of stock on your item"...yeah, probably because you sent them all to us! Go Amazon!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I called and bitched again last night about the phone I ordered, they shipped a replacement for 0.00 ($700 phone) plus they gave me a $25 credit, when and if the original arrives I will send it back for a refund. well see how it works out..

NOSOK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not bad at all for Auto Zone. I recently ordered some parts on CarID (plugs/wires) as well as RockAuto (rear diff gasket, air filters, ATF) and both of those shipments arrived within 2 business days. And that's just with the standard shipping.

I don't order much from Amazon anymore - they're barely price competitive and I often don't trust I'll receive an authentic item.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never have a problem with Amazon nowadays but FedEx lies about arrival dates so I see why Amazon quit using them. All my FedEx packages change delivery dates sometimes 2-3 times before they actually arrive. As far as authentic, read the reviews if it’s from a third party. If you’re buying from Amazon themselves you have nothing to worry about but they can’t inspect all the stuff the third party’s sell but once they get busted they get kicked out. My Amazon stuff gets here in 2 days and if they say it will be here on a certain day, it’s here.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. Amazon cancelled one of my orders and refunded my money the day that it was supposed to arrive saying it was out of stock (very unusual). So after waiting a week already I had to reorder it up and wait another week. I’m assuming everyone is using Amazon and they simply can’t handle the volume anymore.

I had something similarly strange happen a week or two ago. I bought a couple microban anti microbial steering wheel covers. Transaction went through fine and it was slated to be next day delivery. The following morning I got shipment notifications, a tracking # (but their internal Amazon courier tracking that is basically useless) and thought all was well. Shortly thereafter I got a cancelation notification as undeliverable. Wtf? No explanation or anything, just sent me a link to possible reasons. Never had that before, it was strange.

Shane

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does Auto Zone price match like items from Amazon? That would put them over the top.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr