I had no idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I had no idea that an 04 Tahoe had this type of AWD/full time 4wd set up. Had a guy at Facebook Marketplace advertise the 2004 as a full time 4wd and I questioned him about it till I got the pic from him. I have the StabiliTrak insignia at the center of my dash. This one is located at the controls in the pic here.

172767271_1072161983191199_8623301609910176205_n.jpg

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
I’m moderately curious what they use in that AWD transfer case -or later ones for that matter- as a torque divider? Viscous coupling? Differential gear set?

I’m fond of the ones with differential gears, because it’s the only design AFAIK that delivers the same torque split when cornering and the driveshafts are rotating at different speeds. Not discernible in most conditions but accelerate around a corner in the slick and it’s noticeable.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you read the ad for the sale of the Tahoe, the owner doesn't even know what to call it or how it works. If it wasn't lifted I would likely at least look at it. I am sorry, I am not a fan of lifted street rigs or lowered rigs. I don't know how they come by $8700 but that is on them.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That may be rare enough that it was a special order when the rig was built.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I went to go check on that rig and it is marked sold already. I think the rig was only listed for 2 days. I bet some youngster saw that shiny rig and just had to have it.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you read the ad for the sale of the Tahoe, the owner doesn't even know what to call it or how it works. If it wasn't lifted I would likely at least look at it. I am sorry, I am not a fan of lifted street rigs or lowered rigs. I don't know how they come by $8700 but that is on them.
Question: Have you ever considered buying one of those rigs and selling off the parts you don't like -- to make up for the premium price? <-- Not sure how that's gonna read, but I wish it to be clear that I am interested in your thinking on the subject.