Stabilitrac issue after new rear brake lines were installed, theory correct?

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by jimweis, Nov 10, 2018.

1. jimweis

jimweis Full Access Member

Name:
    Jim
    Lines were installed by a shop summer of 2017. I found last winter the thing was near helpless in the snow, the stabilitrac would kick in making noise when just on light throttle. Previously it would kick in and go. I'm suspecting the brake lines were switched when replaced, right on left, left on right, the system is actually putting the brakes on the wheel with traction thinking it's the one spinning defeating the purpose.
    I have been unable to follow the lines from the pump since they all but disappear over the frame and to the rear. I pushed it bit hard one time up a slight incline when it was slippery and it wanted to throw the rear to one side and off the road, surly not stabilitrac!

Is my theory correct?

Been dealing with the shop for 30+ years I want to offer to pay to make it right I just hate to point the finger. Lord knows what could happen if I need to panic stop on a wet road, fortunately that hasn't happened.

2. Scottydoggs

Scottydoggs Full Access Member

Name:
    Scott
    id get it scanned with a abs scanner. other wise your guessing.

the line swap deal, dont think so.

3. jimweis

jimweis Full Access Member

Name:
    Jim
    My code reader shows no codes for ABS, the light has never come on while driving. If all sensors are good and the lines are switched how would it set a code, under power one of the rear wheels continues to slip on ice without the braking it would normally have to gain traction.