I guess it's time for my build thread, retroactive....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those nice looking floor mats didn’t work out huh?
No, they sucked ass. Would not stay in place, and the drivers mat, where the plastic patch for your heel was supposed to sit, was actually behind the gas pedal. So my heel quickly wore a hole through the "leather", and that looked like ****. So I bought some Element plastics. For the price, they are ok. I've just got to add some Velcro so they'll stop moving around.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, they sucked ass. Would not stay in place, and the drivers mat, where the plastic patch for your heel was supposed to sit, was actually behind the gas pedal. So my heel quickly wore a hole through the "leather", and that looked like ****. So I bought some Element plastics. For the price, they are ok. I've just got to add some Velcro so they'll stop moving around.
I’m glad I couldn’t find any for my Silverado then, sounds like they would have been a waste of my money. Sure looked good in their advertising pictures didn’t they?

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I installed my shorty headers. This did NOT go well. All kinds of problems. They are leaking. I'm going to take it to a shop to have them fix my botched job.
IMG_20191101_191103.jpg IMG_20191101_191111.jpg IMG_20191101_191151.jpg IMG_20191101_191103.jpg IMG_20191101_191111.jpg IMG_20191101_191151.jpg IMG_20191101_191314.jpg

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me a week.

• Passenger rear bolt / hole kicked my ass. For several DAYS. Finally ended up using one of the old bolts, which had a lead before the threads.
  • Stripped the first few threads of the front driver side hole.
  • Took me several hours over 2 days, including a trip to home depot, to get the bolts connecting the original manifold to the y pipe loose. In particular, the bolt that was seated directly over the driver side cat. The bolt was too long for a regular socket, and the space was too small for a deep socket. Bought pass through ratchet (marvelous invention) to get it loose.
  • But, I did change the plugs and wires successfully. However, one of the wires is sitting literally 2mm from one of the header pipes. I'm going to have to do something about that, no doubt.

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, the headers are in properly, a week and $250 later. Took it to a performance guy. He removed them (said the bolts were loose), made sure that they were flat (they were) and reinstalled them, using everything I used, in 2.5 hours. They are flush to the block, bolts tight, no leaks, and the truck is running great. I am obviously too old for projects like this.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Well, the headers are in properly, a week and $250 later. Took it to a performance guy. He removed them (said the bolts were loose), made sure that they were flat (they were) and reinstalled them, using everything I used, in 2.5 hours. They are flush to the block, bolts tight, no leaks, and the truck is running great. I am obviously too old for projects like this.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Well it's been a couple weeks... any update on how you are liking the headers???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9