I guess it's time for my build thread, retroactive....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be quick, since I bought my 07 Yukon new in Sept. 07, and all things listed here are already done, and sometimes redone. Anyway, to start...

I purchased my vehicle new in Sept 07. It came off the lot with a Regency package. Regency was a now defunct company that did primarily custom van packages. They also had packages for Yukon / Tahoes, Avalanches, etc. The company died in the 08 "Great Recession".

The package on my truck included but is not limited to:

22" Regency by Foose rims
2 tone paint
Regency badging
additional leather and wood interior
captains chairs with Regency embroidered in the head rests

Here's the first picture I took, on the lot.
IMAGE_008.jpg

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After coming into some cash, I sent the truck off to Truck Toys in Arlington, TX. Truck toys did a Belltech 3/2 complete kit drop + roll bar, magnaflow exhaust, and SuperChips tuner.Yukon Post Drop 001 - Copy.JPG Yukon Post Drop 002.JPG Yukon Post Drop 003.JPG Yukon Post Drop 001 - Copy.JPG Yukon Post Drop 002.JPG Yukon Post Drop 003.JPG

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I loved the way it looked once lowered. However, once it was lowered, I started to have some (minor, depending on perspective) issues. First, I started getting tire rub on sharp turns. I spent the next 4 years or so cutting out various parts of my wheel well trying to eliminate it. Found out recently, on my last tire purchase, that the issue was tire size. The Regency package rims came with 305/40/22. I simply assumed that was the appropriate tire size. Discount tire guy told me on my last purchase that the standard for our vehicles on 22" rims is 295/35/22. Needless to say, no more rub.

The next problem I had was that the vehicle had a loud, consistent rattle after I got it back. 3 years later, I took it to a different custom shop, and the guy there showed me where Truck toys had put the Belltech kit on with what appeared to be the wrong rear shocks. The connection to the truck had an inch on either side of the shock mount. You could see where, instead of trying to get the correct shocks, they tried to bend the mount on the truck. After several trips to Truck Toys 3 years later and some threats to write anyone I could think of, they replaced the Street performance shocks with belltech's base drop Nitro shocks, with the correct fit. Rattle eliminated, 3 or so years later...

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyway, after the truck toys mods, the order of events gets kind of hazy. I don't have any more interesting stories between then and now, so I'll just list the mods done since then, that I can recall. These are in rough, but not exact order, and over the last 10 years timewise:

1. K & N complete Intake

2. AirRaid throttle body spacer

3. Baer Eradispeed + 1 Big rotor kits - Front part 2301049, Rear 2302023 (Since removed / sold)

4. Infinity Reference 6020CS 6 1/2" Car Audio Component Speaker System on an Alpine 4 channel amp

5. Down firing sealed sub box with 2 10" JL Audio 10w1v2 subs, on a Kenwood 350 watt 2 channel amp, bridged. Signal came from the alpine amp, which had a set of RCA Outs; didn't have to split the rear signal from the factory head unit.

6. Damplifier (WAY cheaper than dynomat) auto audio insulation, front and rear doors

7. Muth Turn Signal Mirror Glass (truck did not come off the lot with turn signal mirrors. had to add them).

8. Python 900 2 way alarm / remote start

9. Putco Chrome rear glass handle cover

10. Putco Chrome window visors

11. Putco Chrome Lower Mirror overlay

12. Removed Factory head unit, replaced with Kenwood DNX 7180 head unit added. Added rear view camera license plate frame, Ipod, XM radio (external, to move between cars).

13. Replaced JL Audio subs with Infinity Reference 1062w 10-Inch 1,100-Watt High-Performance Subs.

14. IPCW LED3-311C Crystal Clear LED Third Brake Light; IPCW LEDT-612C Crystal Clear Fiber Optic & LED Tail Lamp with LED Reverse.

OP
OP
wendal

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I have forgotten some things, and of course several brake jobs and tire sets. But finally, because of threads on this forum, over the past couple of days, I did a full brake pad / rotor job, and replaced the rubber brake hoses with metal braided hoses.
IMG_20171228_232025.jpg