Felix's 2015 Yukon SLT Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weather has been real ****** so it's been in the garage. Once weather clears up I definitely plan on taking better pics!!!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well chop, chop!! :D

mt.davis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just ordered from TRS. $178 shipped.

Silverado Spec: Morimoto Elite HID System :

HID Ballasts
2 x Morimoto XB35 (35W)

Ballast Igniters
2 x Morimoto XB Igniter (AMP)

Compatible H11 HID Bulbs
2 x H11B: XB 5500K

Harness
1 x HD Relay: H11/H9/H8

Required Anti-Flicker Capacitor
1 x Capacitor Link

Felix, first and foremost thank you for your dedication to this form. I've been following your posts for some time now and have gained a wealth of knowledge, thanks to you. I've always had GM 4x4 1500 trucks and made the conversion to a Yukon a few years back and would never go back! I recently traded my wife's 2011 Land Rover LR4 for a 2015 Yukon SLT and added the Denali grille, chrome side trim moldings (still badged as a Yukon), chrome roof rack trim and chrome step pad (still has the OEM 20" wheels).

According to this thread and the prices that you've posted, I've noticed that you tend to always go with the better price regardless of the seller (group1autoparts.com, eBay, etc.). My next upgrade is the reverse lights and Morimoto HIDs and wanted to get your take on the Silverado Spec vs. H11: Morimoto Elite HID System and couldn't figure out why you went with the Silverado Spec. since the H11 kit comes out cheaper ($165) including:

- Morimoto XB35 (35W) ballasts
- XM Igniter (AMP) igniters
- H11B: XB 5500K bulb
- HD Relay: H11/H9/H8 harness
- Anti-Flicker Capacitor Link

I have a couple questions for you:
1) Do you see any reason why I shouldn't go with the H11 kit vs. the Silverado Spec or is there something that I missed?
2) Are the '15 Yukon SLE/SLT fog bulbs any different than the OEM Denali's? If so, what do you plan to upgrade the fog bulbs to?

Last edited:
OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Felix, first and foremost thank you for your dedication to this form. I've been following your posts for some time now and have gained a wealth of knowledge, thanks to you. I've always had GM 4x4 1500 trucks and made the conversion to a Yukon a few years back and would never go back! I recently traded my wife's 2011 Land Rover LR4 for a 2015 Yukon SLT and added the Denali grille, chrome side trim moldings (still badged as a Yukon), chrome roof rack trim and chrome step pad (still has the OEM 20" wheels).

According to this thread and the prices that you've posted, I've noticed that you tend to always go with the better price regardless of the seller (group1autoparts.com, eBay, etc.). My next upgrade is the reverse lights and Morimoto HIDs and wanted to get your take on the Silverado Spec vs. H11: Morimoto Elite HID System and couldn't figure out why you went with the Silverado Spec. since the H11 kit comes out cheaper ($165) including:

- Morimoto XB35 (35W) ballasts
- XM Igniter (AMP) igniters
- H11B: XB 5500K bulb
- HD Relay: H11/H9/H8 harness
- Anti-Flicker Capacitor Link

I have a couple questions for you:
1) Do you see any reason why I shouldn't go with the H11 kit vs. the Silverado Spec or is there something that I missed?
2) Are the '15 Yukon SLE/SLT fog bulbs any different than the OEM Denali's? If so, what do you plan to upgrade the fog bulbs to?

Thanks man. Everything I posted wasn't a waste then haha.

There is an exact thread about the two kits and why people opte for the silverado spec's:
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2015-yukon-hid-conversion-from-the-retrofit-source.61416/

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys this was short lived. Truck is for sale due to recently getting laid off. I'll most likely replace it with an 07 tahoe or yukon with high mileage. MSRP was 60.8k and purchased for around 56k BEFORE TTL and the $1800 75k Bumper to Bumper extended warranty. I put in a little under $4k for the Denali 22 rep's/Nitto Tires, Denali oem grille/rear step pad/door trim, and the roof rack chrome trim. Vehicle recently hit 4000 miles. Has nav, wireless phone charging, bluetooth, sunroof, rear seat entertainment with wireless headphones. As loaded as an SLT can get! What do you guys feel is a fair asking price for this vehicle? And what do you feel is the lowest offer I should take! Anyone? TIA!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65