I guess I'm back (I'm never leaving)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, got busy and only picked it up this evening. Quick picture with fading daylight:
a43a76fa2d6aef6528827b167f9f436c.jpg

I am so happy with it. Weekend plan is to remove the hybrid stickers on the windows and lower doors.

Truck is fully loaded, and looks like the back seats were never used lol.
af402e95a51b2edabcc14a08d3679a16.jpg
9300553953b041ae0608e20b0f41d1d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome back.

Go slow on the mods on this one and investigate before you buy parts ... it may look similar to the regular trucks but a lot of stuff is very different when you start modding.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure wish we knew someone who had modded a HyHoe before...

OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome back.

Go slow on the mods on this one and investigate before you buy parts ... it may look similar to the regular trucks but a lot of stuff is very different when you start modding.

I was actually going to ask you a few questions, I did read a bit through some of your threads. I guess since I have your attention I might as well ask now haha. And anyone else who would know please do chime in.

- headlights: exact same as regular hoe? Looking to buy a set of pre made retros.

- 3rd brake light is different and not interchangeable with the others correct? So no escalade 3rd? [emoji17]

- Read a little on tail lights.. Best to stay stock? Would love to go escalade again if it is possible.

- I can do esky dual exhaust the same as a regular Tahoe?

- best looking grill I've found is the one you had by grill craft. Did you install yourself? Last one I did was kind of a B, but I'd do it again.

Sorry and thank you [emoji16][emoji16]

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it Jacob! :)

- headlights: exact same as regular hoe? Looking to buy a set of pre made retros.

That's correct, same as regular Tahoe.

- 3rd brake light is different and not interchangeable with the others correct? So no escalade 3rd? [emoji17]

That's also correct. To change the 3rd brake light you'd have to change the entire liftgate, appliqués, tail lights (including custom made harnesses).

- Read a little on tail lights.. Best to stay stock? Would love to go escalade again if it is possible.

See above. Escalade tails would bolt on, but they won't line up up with the appliqués, and you can't swap the Hybrid appliqués for any others without swapping the liftgate assembly. Assuming you spent thousands to do all that you'd still need special harnesses to make any tail lights work with the Hybrid specific harness.

- I can do esky dual exhaust the same as a regular Tahoe?

There is a special dual tip made for the Hybrid. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-SUV-Hybrid-Tailpipe-Resonator-Removal-Tahoe-Yukon-/330370129316

Not sure what year yours is (resonator is in different locations depending on the year), but the upshot of removing the resonator is that it becomes a lot easier to swap to the sky bumper and by consequence you can then add the spare tire kit.

- best looking grill I've found is the one you had by grill craft. Did you install yourself? Last one I did was kind of a B, but I'd do it again.

That's the best one I found as well. I didn't do it myself (this is in the days that I didn't do anything myself) but it's an overlay so I don't think it's super hard to do.

Sorry and thank you [emoji16][emoji16]

I'm sensing this isn't over. :)

OP
OP
YuCanada

YuCanada

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good info and glad I have a Hybrid Vet to pester [emoji4] thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Was originally going to order a set of either 22" 375s, or 156s, but I found a set of escalade 7 spoke 22s locally (never happens) with tires 50% for 500$.. Might go grab those tomorrow if they're in decent shape.

I guess since I've already started in here, would a mod please move this thread to the build section? Thanks!

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Sweet man, I just got back to the TYF family, and remember reading your thread when I had my 05 denali! Congrats and anxious to see what you do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700