I found a way to use my rear entertainment through my phone. Now watching TV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djsassan

Reaction score
I am OSU guy and travel to most away games. It's a great experience but we also miss other games while traveling. Hence, I was looking for a way to use the rear entertainment for TV so we could watch/listen to other games.

I found this: Warrky USB C to HDMI Cable 4K... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087213LB3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hooked it up, switched input to HDMI 1, and it replicates my phone screen. Opened my TV app and voila, watching sports on the rear entertainment. Replicate to the second screen OR get a second cable and watch two different screens.

Nothing amazing, but hope it helps someone!

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have the Onstar data plan with a fire stick but realized the connection isn't reliable in all areas, but I'll try this.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
iPhones don’t use usb c in current production models. So what phone did you connect with this cable?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
typically with any "modern" smart phone, tablet, ipod, ipad, etc regardless of brand you can get video adapters, those have been around forever like literally.
the issue that can arise is depending on what you are "casting" (this is the terminology for what you are doing be it wired or wireless) is that sometimes
"protected data" will not be able to be casted, for instance if you rented a movie and expect to go "cast" the movie to a bigger screen it may or may not allow it.
they do this the same as they do with HDMI copy protection

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
typically with any "modern" smart phone, tablet, ipod, ipad, etc regardless of brand you can get video adapters, those have been around forever like literally.
the issue that can arise is depending on what you are "casting" (this is the terminology for what you are doing be it wired or wireless) is that sometimes
"protected data" will not be able to be casted, for instance if you rented a movie and expect to go "cast" the movie to a bigger screen it may or may not allow it.
they do this the same as they do with HDMI copy protection
If you have the right tools and connection, stored videos should play without issue. The biggest issue being, the right tools may NOT include Apple devices easily,,,,

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the right tools and connection, stored videos should play without issue. The biggest issue being, the right tools may NOT include Apple devices easily,,,,
it can really depend I have ran into it before just using a wired connection, would work on the phone but would allow any casting to another device or screen.
a device like a chromecast or whatever apple uses should allow it but might depend on what is being used to provide the movie/video, etc
i'm just saying try it out first, I rented a movie and went to go watch it and it would only work on the phone.
since then I said screw it and I download it and play it on anything I want

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019