I’m weary….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Unless you choose the cheap route with Jasper Engine, years ago when I used them in my shops, they offered an install kit with the engine. Came with water pump, belts, hoses, additional needed gaskets for the engine swap, egr valve, thermostat, etc......

OP
OP
Jhwhite05

Jhwhite05

Reaction score
Unless you choose the cheap route with Jasper Engine, years ago when I used them in my shops, they offered an install kit with the engine. Came with water pump, belts, hoses, additional needed gaskets for the engine swap, egr valve, thermostat, etc......
Yeah, I got the install kit with the add-ons. Glad I did. So far this Jasper engine has been a good choice.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yeah, I got the install kit with the add-ons. Glad I did. So far this Jasper engine has been a good choice.
Did you get my post about PM me for a great shop in your area. I will say this though. If you have a shop you trust and like, stay there. But if you want a shop that is top of the heap, I can let you have all the contact info. It is right off the 87th Street exit on I-35, in Lenexa, Ks.

OP
OP
Jhwhite05

Jhwhite05

Reaction score
Did you get my post about PM me for a great shop in your area. I will say this though. If you have a shop you trust and like, stay there. But if you want a shop that is top of the heap, I can let you have all the contact info. It is right off the 87th Street exit on I-35, in Lenexa, Ks.
I missed that post, thank you! I’ve actually moved to California’s Central Valley and am hooked up with a great shop. Thanks for reaching out though.

OP
OP
Jhwhite05

Jhwhite05

Reaction score
So back to the preventative maintenance question for those just tuning in, what are the things I should be having on my radar given the mileage of my vehicle (260k +)?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So back to the preventative maintenance question for those just tuning in, what are the things I should be having on my radar given the mileage of my vehicle (260k +)?
Like I listed in post #6, this list of maintenance services are ongoing. Pretty much starting out at 15k miles and lasting till the vehicle hits the salvage yard. Like has been said, you have already addressed major "repairs" such as engine and transmission. Other majors are both differentials, rack and pinion, transfer case....etc. Again, if you like the rig and the body is in decent shape and is paid off, you can be money ahead to keep and fix as needed and keep up the maintenances. I would want to know the condition of the steering and suspension components after coming from salt on the streets MO/KS area. Or, did you buy the Yukon in Ca. and is a Ca. area vehicle with no salt on the roads. IMO, the rust condition makes the biggest difference to me on a vehicle's initial reliability and usefulness value.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The large items are Engine and Transmission and since those have been replaced you are in a very good spot. I would keep the current vehicle because it is proven to be good to you. Also that was a $17k investment so don't throw it away by just swapping vehicles, $17k seems like a lot but what's done is done.