I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
You can buy wrap from ebay and wrap/smoke your 3rd light. thats what i did.

I may give that a try instead of replacing it.

@Tonyrodz I should have looked at the light coming thru the decal before repeating what I read on the reviews. It’s definitely not as bright. Maybe if someone did all the buttons and had upgraded LED lights behind them, they would say it’s good as new. But I’m not digging it. It’s good for now but I will find a replacement button or I’m gonna perform surgery on that decal and cut out the white parts to get full light. But here it is in all its ugly.

1ce1dae9ffe8ccd6b78d8ee59ca7c84e.jpg

It appears I’m gonna have to paint the button underneath the sticker because there’s light bleeding thru the decal where it’s worn on the button. Best solution is gonna be find a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I may give that a try instead of replacing it.

@Tonyrodz I should have looked at the light coming thru the decal before repeating what I read on the reviews. It’s definitely not as bright. Maybe if someone did all the buttons and had upgraded LED lights behind them, they would say it’s good as new. But I’m not digging it. It’s good for now but I will find a replacement button or I’m gonna perform surgery on that decal and cut out the white parts to get full light. But here it is in all its ugly.

1ce1dae9ffe8ccd6b78d8ee59ca7c84e.jpg

It appears I’m gonna have to paint the button underneath the sticker because there’s light bleeding thru the decal where it’s worn on the button. Best solution is gonna be find a replacement.

I think @Rocket Man had a similar issue with those overlays, but I don't remember his solution. If it was him, hopefully he'll chime in.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I had a little time today so I got started blacking out some chrome. A new grill is in the works so this chrome piece on the hood above the grill has gotta go.

8012fc50bf8c414f5689defcd81740c1.jpg
E3CB7912-2431-4ECD-8EC6-C432ACA70029.jpeg

I pulled it off and cleaned the hood.

c1a8f584f347f7a848540add8f1a2ccb.jpg
E688630D-84D1-4C5E-AECD-7E88529B6F9F.jpeg

Separated the chrome part from the black plastic piece by removing the clips.

8fdac67aa8513361bb53f759dfa75940.jpg
4F30112C-3820-4800-9DAC-9C6410A491A8.jpeg

Had to use two 90* picks, one on either side and get behind the tabs that dig into the plastic so they would slid off without bending them.

14cd3ca581594196dadc73ce93f42f3d.jpg

Finished product after the wrap. Looks good and is a great match. Can’t wait to get the side moldings and lift gate center trim piece done. Getting things done as time allows.

efc90961a390cbdc25a128daf10972e0.jpg
E0EA931E-F409-4E5E-8148-D2BA756E02BF.jpeg

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had a little time today so I got started blacking out some chrome. A new grill is in the works so this chrome piece on the hood above the grill has gotta go.

8012fc50bf8c414f5689defcd81740c1.jpg

I pulled it off and cleaned the hood.

c1a8f584f347f7a848540add8f1a2ccb.jpg

Separated the chrome part from the black plastic piece by removing the clips.

8fdac67aa8513361bb53f759dfa75940.jpg

Had to use two 90* picks, one on either side and get behind the tabs that dig into the plastic so they would slid off without bending them.

14cd3ca581594196dadc73ce93f42f3d.jpg

Finished product after the wrap. Looks good and is a great match. Can’t wait to get the side moldings and lift gate center trim piece done. Getting things done as time allows.

efc90961a390cbdc25a128daf10972e0.jpg

On the right path by de-chroming. I don't like chrome lol. Hard to tell, but is it a black wrap? Ever see black chrome? Looks pretty good imo.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
On the right path by de-chroming. I don't like chrome lol. Hard to tell, but is it a black wrap? Ever see black chrome? Looks pretty good imo.

Yes, gloss black metallic. It matches the vehicle color pretty well.
Yes, I’ve seen the black chrome wrap but I just figured I’d black out some of the chrome. I suppose I could grab some black chrome vinyl and see how I like that. Might actually look good on some of the trim instead of body color. You really know how to help a brother spend money don’t ya? Haha.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I’ve seen the black chrome wrap but I just figured I’d black out some of the chrome. I suppose I could grab some black chrome vinyl and see how I like that. Might actually look good on some of the trim instead of body color. You really know how to help a brother spend money don’t ya? Haha.

Oh yes, he’s quite good at spending other people’s money! He’s even spent some of mine too! Ha.
Nice work on that front chrome piece! I like it! I’m also not a fan of lots of chrome trimmings and what not! I’m a big fan of color matching a I like an all black caddy! It’s a good look! That black chrome is a good idea as well! I’ve seen a handful of times and it looks real sharp!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

Heck, last time he made me mail my money right to him!

Work looks fun, are you at Clorox?

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Heck, last time he made me mail my money right to him!

Work looks fun, are you at Clorox?

No, not Clorox. Clorox doesn’t make their own bleach, they buy it from us. They used to make their own but the security associated with having a 90ton railcar of chlorine has gotten so great that most bottling companies don’t want to take on the responsibility. A lot of cities don’t even allow the Chlorine to pass thru on the rails. Most waste water treatment plants would purchase ton bottles of CL2 and bubble it into their treatment ponds to kill bacteria. Since 911 and the birth of homeland security, now these same treatment plants use sodium hypochlorite (bleach) instead of having CL2 bottles. According to the NIOSH emergency response guidebook if you have a ruptured CL2 railcar an immediate evacuation in a 2 mile radius is mandatory. That’s during the day. At night, it goes from 2 miles to 5 miles. Imagine a CL2 leak near a major city and having to evacuate in a 5 mile radius. Some nasty stuff.

99f5cc03687c20d552558cb93853fac9.jpg

When Clorox decided to stop making their bleach and buy strictly from us, we swooped in and bought their machine. Just over a million bucks and it’s sitting in our yard rusting away. It’s shrink wrapped but it’s not about getting their bleach plant to use here, it’s about keeping it out the hands of anyone else that thought about getting into the business. That’s how these companies corner the market. We have 3 continuous process machines that are just sitting and rotting away so they aren’t producing and competing. It’s pretty sick really that a company will spend millions to keep other out of the game. But Olin, the company I work for, also owns Winchester. They’ve won the bid again to supply ammunition to the government and also this year won the bid to supply all the sidearms. This company has more money than god so a few millions is a drop in the bucket. As long as people keep flushing toilets and need drinking water, there’s always gonna be a market for bleach. Job security really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e