I’m back with an Esky this time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Looking great brother!! Nice to have you back![emoji106][emoji16]
Thanks bro. It’s good to be back. Feel like I’ve been away from here forever. But for me, the days ran into each other and I didn’t have time to poop. It’s been a wild ride so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some great changes and additions on the vehicle front. Good looking NBS Esky and bike is a looker too. Don’t need any jealousy in the garage. :)

Gotta feel nostalgic and sentimental back in the old house. Good on you for keeping it in the family.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Laundry in basement and bedroom upstairs, my mom was just ready to go to single story. And my dad would never get in a chair. He’d fall and die before sitting in one of those things. But I get what your saying. Just a little late now, I bought it.

I wouldn't want to use one either, not with anyone watching, pride you know! But it's great that it's still in the family.

An aunt just passed away and she and her husband built their home and raised a family in it. The daughters have no intention of keeping it, even though they both have children, some of whom are young adults and will be starting their own families soon. They won't NEED to sell it either, their father was a smart man and left them plenty. He passed away some years before.

Anyhow, I tried to plant the seed, how cool it was to grow up and live in a home built by your folks and then hand it off to the next generation. I never had that and was unable to leave such a legacy for mine own. Time will tell.

Mom will enjoy not having to clean so a big place too I'm sure. My grand-parents all downsized in their later years from the big home they raised their children in, 5 kids each.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next thing I got was the stretched bags for the bike.
b7ec8b8dd501603926ecf2acf3eb722c.jpg

998efc5d4be5473d5ad67f226c8e74b2.jpg

Then I got a black luggage rack on the tour pack, black highway bar and highway pegs, and also black crash bars that go in front of the side bags. I’m sending in the crash bars and highway bar for powder coating. They came painted and I don’t like it. Next upgrade is audio system. I have a new system in my shopping cart, just haven’t hit the button yet.

Day or so after I got out of the lock down at work I was driving the formula. It had just got done raining and this &$@^*+<>%#£€¥|.....lady decided to slam on her brakes for a yellow light 50 feet from intersection while doing 55MPH. I’m on drag radials and no abs so I started sliding. I ended up aiming for the ditch instead of slamming into her. I hit the curb pretty damn hard and actually landed on top of it barely missing a light pole. I got out of my car which was next to the lady in her explorer and started screaming at her. “You stupid C” “what the hell were you thinking” by that time she punches it and takes off through the intersection blowing the red light. What the hell? After all that!? I was able to back the car into the road and get across the intersection into a gas station. The car was fighting me trying to steer it. This is what I initially saw.
bcbeb3a1cad0ce68945ab1238cdf1e4c.jpg

It’s hard to see but the right tire is toed out. And this.
ca9ed3a8a5f0ca96d411d2c30acfd1ea.jpg

So I’m thinking, bent tie rod and probably a bent wheel. Sucks but not bad. Even if it’s a bent a-arm, it’s better than hitting the *****. So I called Jess to come get me and then called for a tow. Car showed up at the house about 2 hrs later and I drove it in. The driver asked what happened and I told him. He said hope you can fix it, it’s a nice car. I said, wanna buy it? Lol. I didn’t mess with it right away but a few days later I got it in the air and checked it out. Tie rod looked good. A-arm wasn’t bent. Hub and spindle were good too. I bent the damn subframe!! It’s twisted up at the rear on the passenger side. I’m not sure how bad the body got damaged, I don’t have time to pull subframe, engine and trans because we’re moving in August. I can’t have this thing apart. Shit! This was my back up car that I had plans for. Now what?

So I started looking for another vehicle. I wanted a Tahoe or Yukon. Something I can give to my son next year when he gets his license. I looked at a few that were crap. 03-06 with 150-180k miles and they still wanted $3-4K. Maybe I can find myself another Yukon Denali. Started looking for 00-02 Denali. Couldn’t find shit. Then I came across this 02 Esky 6.0 AWD with 130k miles.
b3d9faebee79e4c18f141a992964be00.jpg

b0092c6f61dc080bef0579036d24b89e.jpg

Talked to the seller, he just did brakes, battery, hub bearing, coolant flush and thermostat, plugs and wires and an air filter. Tires have about 2500 miles and he details it every weekend. The bad- passenger window doesn’t work, it surges at idle while in gear, the center console lid has a broken button so it doesn’t stay shut, the ac has a slow leak and the left front tire has a very slow leak.

I went and looked at it. The guy was looking to buy a Duramax truck so he was selling this and another truck. I BS’d with him for a while but then asked how much will he take for this $3800 vehicle. He said he wanted $5 but would come down some. Long story short, I drove it home after putting $4200 cash on the hood.

Window motor cost me $42 with the tracks and all of 20 minutes to change. I also retinted both front windows with 5% ceramic tint. The surge was a dirty throttle body which I already figured. Cleaned throttle body and MAF sensor, runs great. AC leak was high side service port. Replaced that for $3, vacuumed the system down and refilled with freon and pag oil. Cost- maybe $40 total. Tire leak is the valve stem. I’m having the wheels powder coated but they are backed up so I’ll probably throw a valve stem at it while I wait for appointment for wheels. I bought a used console lid button off eBay for $12. Swapped out the release button and that’s all good now too. It has a broken exhaust bolt and slight leak when cold. I have new gaskets, bolts and donuts ready to fix that here soon.
Edit: few other things I forgot I did. Put in LED 6000K headlights, replaced fog lights because the lenses were crappy looking. Ordering a Borla cat back and deleting cats when I add an O2 sensor bung for wideband sensor. I need it for WOT tuning. I already have it mostly tuned in just need to do WOT and dial in the MAF.
37924fc60bb14754244f4a82f60cc84c.jpg

05bbdd37a4741e62137eb85fa2d9f486.jpg

f736df15be65041879e9a76171e4ca72.jpg

91a7909eddfaad2dada8de9f3ec838e2.jpg

82636d12ebbcebd8fbf40e68020167e7.jpg

0bfbb11e2e510a686f31093dde962bec.jpg

One thing I had to do just to piss off the wife.
ae765d2d4b0f1c6b336aa7d8f7e1285d.jpg

b3cf6205de23b9ff826326691a97f954.jpg

The grille!! Hahaha

One other thing i wanted to share. While I was at work, this bad boy showed up. 125’. I had to play around with it.

07f5eaeca9ac877a19a1bd63639b66fb.jpg

70d59e742ee6790f67babe5016fdaf76.jpg

eec89df6f492b9389c25ab0aed6b40f7.jpg

f22b04f4e961e6127e6fc419b5c1d078.jpg

d964a0dd3a9b98d0c9a9efcbb786d1b9.jpg

The biggest they make is a 185’. Another 60’ would be awesome.
2e7471f70e7f742600ac44ffcca6efb9.jpg

Holy shit! That’s up there!! Awesome Esky! Sounds like it’s a damn good deal, and your son is a lucky kid! Good work Dad!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Jim!! Great to have you back around. I wondered what happened to you--hoping you were ok! Good news--you're ok lol! Sux about the Formula. I would've said much worse to that stupid woman.
Now you have 2 Eskys. Lucky SOB. Have you decided what you're gonna do with the 'Bird? You could always drag it along to the new house. I'm sure you already know--sub frames aren't too bad--especially if you have a lift. I know with your skills you'll probably knock it out in an afternoon.
I'm glad you were able to keep the home in the family, I know that was super important to your father. Happy Father's Day btw .

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim!! Great to have you back around. I wondered what happened to you--hoping you were ok! Good news--you're ok lol! Sux about the Formula. I would've said much worse to that stupid woman.
Now you have 2 Eskys. Lucky SOB. Have you decided what you're gonna do with the 'Bird? You could always drag it along to the new house. I'm sure you already know--sub frames aren't too bad--especially if you have a lift. I know with your skills you'll probably knock it out in an afternoon.
I'm glad you were able to keep the home in the family, I know that was super important to your father. Happy Father's Day btw .
X2! And Happy Father’s Day to you, and you too @Tony. [emoji106][emoji16]

OP
OP
Snowbound

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Holy shit! That’s up there!! Awesome Esky! Sounds like it’s a damn good deal, and your son is a lucky kid! Good work Dad!
My son Jack is a really good kid with a good head on his shoulders. I’m pretty sure he gets it from my father’s son. Jack is in honor classes in high school and a straight A student. He started off a little rocky going into high school but coming out of a catholic school with only 22 kids in his classs it was understandable. He quickly adapted and gathered himself together and pulled in some good grades. Not a 4.0 like I would have liked to see knowing his potential but I’m proud of him. I know handing a 16 year old kid keys to an Escalade seems ludicrous but it’s an 02 and if you knew Jack, you wouldn’t think twice. He’s very responsible and respectful of his stuff. Now my other son Josh, I wouldn’t put him in a demolition derby car at 16. He’d still find a way to make it worse. That’s a totally different bridge I’ll cross when I come to it.

1bef60812e6ef300e936d9d81d50fe11.jpg

I told him this picture will be blackmail later in his life.
06ac07f35114b7acb631bbce920920be.jpg

Then Josh who will be 13 this year.
04e4e93d146b66689a84cb7958c6bae9.jpg

Josh is a bull in a china shop. He leads with his head and doesn’t think about consequences. He lives in the now and I keep telling him that’s gonna bite him one of these days. He’s got a huge heart and wears it on his sleeve too.

Then the ladies in my life. I would have never thought I could have a bond with a daughter like I do with a son. Boy was I wrong. This little girl is my everything. It’s hard to put into words but damn, she’s got me around her finger.
9548494101157eae40cd02384c5eafc9.jpg

I share this with you today because it’s Father’s Day and I’m proud to say these are my offspring. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in the group. Hope you get to enjoy your day with the kids. Take care, be safe and stay out of harms way.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My son Jack is a really good kid with a good head on his shoulders. I’m pretty sure he gets it from my father’s son. Jack is in honor classes in high school and a straight A student. He started off a little rocky going into high school but coming out of a catholic school with only 22 kids in his classs it was understandable. He quickly adapted and gathered himself together and pulled in some good grades. Not a 4.0 like I would have liked to see knowing his potential but I’m proud of him. I know handing a 16 year old kid keys to an Escalade seems ludicrous but it’s an 02 and if you knew Jack, you wouldn’t think twice. He’s very responsible and respectful of his stuff. Now my other son Josh, I wouldn’t put him in a demolition derby car at 16. He’d still find a way to make it worse. That’s a totally different bridge I’ll cross when I come to it.

Josh is a bull in a china shop. He leads with his head and doesn’t think about consequences. He lives in the now and I keep telling him that’s gonna bite him one of these days. He’s got a huge heart and wears it on his sleeve too.

Then the ladies in my life. I would have never thought I could have a bond with a daughter like I do with a son. Boy was I wrong. This little girl is my everything. It’s hard to put into words but damn, she’s got me around her finger.

I share this with you today because it’s Father’s Day and I’m proud to say these are my offspring. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in the group. Hope you get to enjoy your day with the kids. Take care, be safe and stay out of harms way.

Sounds like you have some great kids. Enjoy them Jim. I actually LOL'd when I read your son's hoodie! He's gonna regret that one later! Sounds like you have some great kids. Enjoy the day with the family.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks so much for sharing! Awesome post! Here’s my kiddo, who is turning 13 this year! [emoji15]
9bd27d3319ad96d99d6d81ba0436033e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE