I’m back! This time a year older but fancier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too. If they would have eliminated that AFM and actually locked up the lockup torque converter in the '19s I'd sleep a lot better.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First project was very unexciting, new evap solenoid and found my spare tire carrier assembly stripped out, got it down no problem but just skips going up.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First project was very unexciting, new evap solenoid and found my spare tire carrier assembly stripped out, got it down no problem but just skips going up.
That skipping is because the end of the jack handle extension has become enlarged. In later years they put a welded ring around it to keep from getting out of shape. I squished mine back into shape a few times with the bench vise but eventually went on ebay and bought the newer style.

If I'm wrong and the hoist really is bad, TireHoist on ebay (out of Daytona Beach) sells reconditioned used ones. I've purchased from him several times before.

In this picture you can see the ring on the right side handle:

Jack Handle Ring.JPG

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, mine does not have that extra ring. I did squish it a bit and it still skips and is hard to remove once I slide it in there. I bought a cheapy off Amazon already

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, welcome back, from a fellow Coloradoan. Looking for a 6.2 non-afm Esky/Denali/LTZ myself. But I am looking for a low mile variant.

Nothing set in stone yet.. Just looking. I think I should have kept my low mile 2006 esky.

OP
OP
Ilikemtb999

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, welcome back, from a fellow Coloradoan. Looking for a 6.2 non-afm Esky/Denali/LTZ myself. But I am looking for a low mile variant.

Nothing set in stone yet.. Just looking. I think I should have kept my low mile 2006 esky.
That’s how I feel about my 03 Yukon. I could have gone to town on that thing vs jumping from car to car for the last year and a half. Live and learn right?

I swear the Colorado car market is just littered with garbage :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar