Hypertech MaxEnergy 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a new member here and have been reading about different programers for the NBS Tahoe. After reading everyone's thread I decided to buy the Hypertech MaxEnergy. Maybe it's me expecting too much but I'm not impressed. I did like how it minimized the torque restrictions though.

How does the BlackBear tunning work and do we have the option to get the handheld tunner?

Will this handheld tunner give the options the others do? ex: change axle, tire size, etc.

One more note, I don't want to get rid of the AFM I just want to improve the power so I can stay in V4 longer while cruising.

By the way, this is the only mod I have done so far. Next week will come an intake and exhaust.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i had the max energy. Pure Garbage. Killed my gas mileage, Unhappy with the results. sent it back for a refund

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Hypertechs are pretty worthless. I have one...and all I've used it for is to change shift points, boost shift firmness, and adjust tire diameter for my 33s.... But I need to have a real tune done to get rid of the Stabilitrack/TC issues I have when turning sharp corners with the new tires.....

The Blackbear tune isn't a perfect fit for everyone, but I have never, ever, ever heard anyone say anything bad about them. Nor have I heard of any dissatisfied Blackbear customers.....

OP
OP
S

SoCal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I have noticed that my fuel range has dropped down a bit. The main reason why I wanted a programmer was to get rid of the TC, increase power and economy, as well as overall driveability. It drives better than stock but there has to be something better. I even thought about exchanging it for an Edge Evo, I just don't think I'm ready for a custom tune. Any thoughts on the Edge Evo? Pros & Cons.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously, you're going to be going through the loops finding a tuner that will get you some of the details you're looking for... or you can just get a BB, do it once, and do it right.

Find someone to loan you an Autocal

OP
OP
S

SoCal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll definately consider a BB tune. I keep on hearing good things about them so why not. Are they doing the hand held programmer now and do they still have their shop in Temecula, CA?

OP
OP
S

SoCal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took the Hypertech back for an exchange, in all honesty the thing wasted more fuel than it saved. The only time I felt it working was at WOT, besides that it didn't do it for me. Instead I traded for the EDGE CS. I didn't want an all out tune, just an improvement in daily driving, improved economy, and ability to manipulate some of the parameters; tires, gears, return to stock. If anything this thread can help somebody else debating on these programmers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC